DC5 meter cluster

edgehogr

Hi guys, im new here. Just wondering if anyone can help me out.
I actually own a civic es sedan and just recently did a full JDM DC5 engine transplant including the dash and wiring.
For some reason the meter cluster doesn't perform the start up test sequence, like how does aftermarket defi gauges do.
Could anyone provide any clues to what might have gone wrong? because my mechanic has plugged in every wire there is and everything seems fine except missing out that start up test sequence thingy. He also said it could be a faulty meter cluster by itself. But before the transplant when the meter was still in the integra dc5 halfcut, it was functioning when we tested the halfcut before purchase..
Appreciate any feedbacks and suggestions, or pointers to what to lookout for

edgehogr

Mark_teg said:
The gauges don't sweep like defi etc..
oops, i just found out, but apparently you can initiate a start up test sequence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcMPX0HnzAY
I guess i didnt notice the shop keeper setting it up for a test sequence.Thanks anyway.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Hahahaha! I just did this and it does work, I'm not sure why I find it so funny though :xaiweb5:

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Haha the description in the video doesn't work, I'm not 100% myself! I had to copy what he did and just fiddle around until it worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

edgehogr

WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
How did you do it??
directions on how to initiate the meter cluster test sequence can be found in the description of the youtube video i shared.

edgehogr

Thats the thing, when we first started the halfcut, my mechanic and the shop keeper was fiddling with the lights n buttons while waiting to connect the fuel line to an external fuel tank before they cranked it.
At that moment, i saw the test sequence, i thought it was standard and occurs on all start ups. Apparently not.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Just found a more detailed description on dragtimes

with car off, turn on head light. press and hold trip reset button turn key to II (but do not start the engine) turn head light off-on-off release the trip reset button and press it 5 times

Mark_teg

Staff member
maxvr6 said:
Just found a more detailed description on dragtimes
with car off, turn on head light. press and hold trip reset button turn key to II (but do not start the engine) turn head light off-on-off release the trip reset button and press it 5 times
Just don't do it in the countryside at night, people will think it's an invitation for a bit of dogging ;)

ste01

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Just don't do it in the countryside at night, people will think it's an invitation for a bit of dogging ;)
Or the perfect excuse when the police ask why you were stopped in a lay-by flashing your lights ;) haha

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Haha, sounds like you're speaking from experience! :xaiweb5: