DC5 newb inbound.

Lexcoles

Hi guys, figured I'd get that first post out there and touch base, I signed myself up for a NHB DC5 from Torque GT recently after calling time on my ek9 kswap and I'm now anxiously waiting for them to call to tell me the car is ready to collect. I've had a DC5 itch for quite a while that I had just to scratch having driven some of my friends cars and grinning like an idiot every time.

I can't wait to get the thing. I'm sort of aware what to expect, the only thing I'm a bit grey on is what bits are actually required to lower them properly without compromising the handling/ride, but I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of that with a little light reading.

Anyways, nice one guys! Genuinely looking forward to joining the ranks.

Attachments

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Welcome to the forum, I noticed this on Torque GTs website it's the one with 30(odd)k miles isn't it mate! Looks so fresh!

Indi

Advanced Member
Welcome to the forum, looks like a stunning example you got yourself there

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Lexcoles said:
Cheers Chris, it is indeed, it was a little over my initial budget but I just couldn't pass it up
It looks absolutely lovely on the pictures I must say! Worth it mate! Got a rough indication of when you are collecting it?

Lexcoles

Chrismartin said:
It looks absolutely lovely on the pictures I must say! Worth it mate! Got a rough indication of when you are collecting it?
The last message I got from torque was the 19th I think, they said to give them a couple of weeks to get it UK legal and do their dinitrol underseal treatment and checks etc.

I had planned to have them source me a car in Japan with circa 60-70k on it but this one was already landed and in the colour I wanted so I went mental haha

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Lexcoles said:
The last message I got from torque was the 19th I think, they said to give them a couple of weeks to get it UK legal and do their dinitrol underseal treatment and checks etc.

I had planned to have them source me a car in Japan with circa 60-70k on it but this one was already landed and in the colour I wanted so I went mental haha
Not over budget but for half the mileage, I would have been like a kid in a sweet shop too!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
Welcome mate, good choice on the colour 😉😉

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I saw this on the website and drueled over it, so jealous, enjoy mate

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Lexcoles

DC5Curn said:
Looks great. I saw that on there site and thought it looked like a top example

hollowaydc5 said:
I saw this on the website and drueled over it, so jealous, enjoy mate

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Cheers guys, the wait is killing me

nails

Advanced Member
Welcome along. Looks a lovely example. In terms of lowering, what are you thinking? Bilstein coilovers on mine, with camber arms of course. Very impressed with the set up.

Lexcoles

nails said:
Welcome along. Looks a lovely example. In terms of lowering, what are you thinking? Bilstein coilovers on mine, with camber arms of course. Very impressed with the set up.
Cheers dude, lowering wise the idea is BC coilovers and the necessary pieces to keep the steering happy.... I'm still not 100% on it but I believe that I need adjustable steering arms, extended ball joints and a rack spacer?

DC5Adam

Looks real nice that mate, think I saw this when I picked mine up from Torque 4 weeks ago, their awesome guys and really know their stuff, hope it's not much longer before you pick her up the wait for that call/email was killing me! Lol

Lexcoles

DC5Adam said:
Looks real nice that mate, think I saw this when I picked mine up from Torque 4 weeks ago, their awesome guys and really know their stuff, hope it's not much longer before you pick her up the wait for that call/email was killing me! Lol
I'm dying a slow death waiting haha, already have some bits here for it I can't wait to get cracking

BataLeon

Advanced Member
If this is the car I think it is then I was talking to Darren about this DC5 and he was saying there was a right fight for it when it went up, good work getting it, its a corka!

Lexcoles

BataLeon said:
If this is the car I think it is then I was talking to Darren about this DC5 and he was saying there was a right fight for it when it went up, good work getting it, its a corka!
I'm not surprised tbh, I hadn't planned on spending more than 9.5k but I knew it wouldn't hang around if I thought about it too long, so I paid the deposit super quick

Lexcoles

I've been told there's a chance that this time next week I could be driving home in this bad boy.

The wait is agonizing 😂