DC5 Newbie From Birmingham

Rameezali

Hi, I'm from Birmingham and have just purchased my first DC5 this week. I have been looking at DC5's for the past few years but never found the right one, the opportunity to buy this specific car has come up a number of times but i have always seemed to miss out on it. I finally got the chance this week as it was up for sale again after being through a few owners recently, i believe it was owned by LewisK20 previously. It still has the private plate T15 YPR if anyone has seen this car before.

It has a few subtle mods including:

Skunk 2 MegaPower R 70mm Cat Back
Eibach Pro Street Coilover kit
Eibach Camber arms
Genuine Mugen Rear Lip

Here are a few pictures of the car

Best bit of the car IMO, the back end

The night i got it home

Looking forward to getting it on the road and enjoying it.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Welcome, congrats on purchase

This car use to be near me, never met the owner whilst it was in Bristol though. It's the car I've seen which makes me want the mugen rear lip :)

What's the plan, I think from the ad I saw needs rear arch and gearbox looked at?

Rameezali

Thanks Guys, I think the mugen lip really sold it for me just finishes off the car.

In terms of work there is a small patch of surface rust which has come up on the rear drivers arch which I'll be getting looked at and it crunches in 3rd every now and again but nothing too serious at the moment but will definitely be sorting out both problems asap.

As for mods nothing on the cards at the moment as it looks pretty much as I want it to, maybe a change of alloy colour to black or a set of Rotas or enkis are in my mind if not then will be looking at spacers for standard alloys are they need bringing out.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Did you buy it through bidding on eBay as I saw it on there? Intrigued what it's like buying an eBay auction car without seeing?

Saying that I've travelled miles without seeing or testing before

Might be worth getting gearbox oil changed as a temporary measure

Rameezali

I didn't actually know it was on eBay, I saw this car for sale on gumtree the week before I got it and made arrangements with the seller to go buy it and on the Thursday morning he informed the car isn't for sale as I was going to leave! Gutted was an understatement but I thought maybe it wasn't to be. A week later I saw it for sale again on gumtree this time down the road from me so I phoned him, I found out he was a trader and he brought the car and wanted to make a quick profit on it. Arranged to go view it eventually this time the same day and ended up buying it.
Don't think I could ever buy a car off eBay without seeing it first especially a car like this.

The gearbox oil has recently been changed so I think the syncro's on the way out

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Stance is great on this car. Makes the wheels look quite big.

Lovely.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
I saw the car for sale from the Bristol owner on Pistonheads and then Ebay, who he must have sold to trader like you mentioned.