DC5 not been converted to MPH

Raff_DC5

Hi
Just wanted some advice. My DC5 still reads in KPH and not MPH. Shouldn't this have been changed to in UK on inital import?

Thanks in advance

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

Yes it should have been. A small adapter is usually fitted either on top of the gearbox, under the the air box. Or in some cases behind the light cluster. Result is that the speedo is converted to mph and the speed limiter is usually removed.

The odometer then calculates in miles and the speedo is about right with a variance of about two miles per hour either side. Normally an mph sticker is then put over the kph, or an m over the k.

You can check what's going against a satnav. Maybe you are just minus a sticker over the kph. If the car came through Ireland initially then it will be in kph.

Regards.

samwelltrademarked

Advanced Member
Don't worry too much buddy... I had this exact problem when I bought mine, still reading in kph... Thought I'd purchased a dodgy motor. I done loads of research about the test when it comes into the country and started to worry... Still to this day don't know why it wasn't, had one fitted at first mot and all paperwork checked out... Just get one sorted asap! They're like 30quid off eBay and wire into your Speedo sensor on top of your gearbox

Raff_DC5

Cheers for the help
Yeah I did get worried like yourself. Mind just wonders off in all directions lol. Nah it still in kph. Not been converted. Seen a few on eBay and I will pick one up and have it installed
Thanks again