DC5 Number 2

wocka

Advanced Member
Hello all,

Just thought I‘d post a few pics up of my recently purchase

After having a good look around and think about what to do, I decided to go fresh import through Torque GT

I‘m expected to have the car late July time so there‘s abit of a wait yet but my little one is 2 in July so I have plenty of party stuff to plan and presents to think of...... any suggestions are much appreciated

Grade 4B
Champ white
Red interior
C pack
Oem example

I‘ve already sorted having the timing chain etc done in august time at Honda HQ in Cannock, these guys are top banana and well worth the travel if you need anything done

Here‘s the pics, I thought I have some interior ones but must not of saved them but here‘s a few I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Looks like a nice clean fresh example there and the best way to start (fresh and oem), great purchase mate and will look forward to updates on the car and the future plans for it :)

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I remember that feeling of seeing the import pictures for the first time and the wait for it to come of the boat. Find out the boat ID and track it as it makes it's way here.

Looks like a nice, clean OEM example. xthumbup

p1tse

Advanced Member
Congrats
Welcome back into the fold

Although it could be the photos and light, the bumper and rear tail gate are slightly different in shade, so assume the bumper may have been sprayed? Or it could be one of those factory quirks.

Actually most I see don‘t always match up

wocka

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Looks like a nice clean fresh example there and the best way to start (fresh and oem), great purchase mate and will look forward to updates on the car and the future plans for it :)
Thanks mate, I decided to go down the fresh import route for exactly that reason. Not much will happen this year, just enjoy it :)

wocka

Advanced Member
kyle'87 said:
I remember that feeling of seeing the import pictures for the first time and the wait for it to come of the boat. Find out the boat ID and track it as it makes it's way here.

Looks like a nice, clean OEM example. xthumbup
Never thought about doing that, once Darren gives me the shipping dates I will ask him for the ID etc Thanks for that :)

wocka

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Congrats
Welcome back into the fold

Although it could be the photos and light, the bumper and rear tail gate are slightly different in shade, so assume the bumper may have been sprayed? Or it could be one of those factory quirks.

Actually most I see don‘t always match up
I wouldnt be annoyed if it was painted, it is a 16 year old car after all, I trust torque gt so will just have to wait and see but I'm sure they have chosen a good example

Mike9000

Advanced Member
Car looks sweet Wocka. I‘m in a similar boat to you (pun not intended), mine should land late May, hope to pick up in June. Torque GT sourced too.

I‘m just praying it‘s alright when I go and pick it up and it gets me and my wife back home to the kids in one piece haha :)

wocka

Advanced Member
I will keep a look out for your thread about it when you get it, I‘m sure everything with be perfect, that‘s what I‘m hoping anyway

How long has yours taken? I still haven‘t had shipping dates for mine, getting inpatient already and it‘s only been 2 weeks haha!!! It‘s worst because I keep getting asked about it

impne

Advanced Member
When I got my first one imported in 06/07 it was around 3 weeks for the date, got the date then the long wait.
After around 5 weeks when I was getting really excited and impatient the importer told me error mine didn‘t make that shipment and is now due to set sale in another 3 weeks again😡😬
Think it was about 6 months from start to finish in the end😂 have to laugh now
And to top it off when it arrived some toe rag stole parts off it at the docks including the ECU 😡

wocka

Advanced Member
Ohh god, why you telling me this now

I‘m sure everything will go smoothly and if it doesn‘t I‘m sure torque gt will look after me

Definitely worth the wait having a fresh though

impne

Advanced Member
😂 it will be ok I‘m sure

I always get something going wrong every time😩 same with this one

Mike9000

Advanced Member
😂
I think it left on 30th March, due to arrive on the 20th in Southampton. The first leg before the Suez Canal was fine as it only stopped at Singapore. Once past Egypt it has stopped at 7 ports around the Med. I must admit it‘s a bit awkward being asked about it and not knowing where the car is 😄

At the end of the day most things can be put right. It does help having trust in the importer. I‘m just buying up parts and service items at the moment in order to give it a big service once I get it home 👍

Sounds a bit of a nightmare Impne...

impne

Advanced Member
I‘ve just had bad luck both times on tegs unfortunately

This one I should of rejected so all my fault, but as you say all can be fixed which it has but for the most expensive one in the country for sale at that time I did expect more but hey ho