DC5 OEM Start Button Wiring

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Anyone wired one of these in that didn't come with one from factory? Looking to add one but can't really find a decent guide/wiring guide.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I know of one being wired into the cigarette lighter gap...owner sold his car to dazaturbo though. I believe Rom on here did the wiring for it. Message either of them I guess :)

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
I know of one being wired into the cigarette lighter gap...owner sold his car to dazaturbo though. I believe Rom on here did the wiring for it. Message either of them I guess :)
Cheers mate I'll drop him a message, want to add the OEM button as I'm jealous of everyone who got them from factory haha!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah I love mine. Use it everytime. :)

I‘m sure it will just be a generic relay you‘ll need, and you can get an S2000 starter button from Tegiwa. (Thats whats used in the Teg)

Pasty

Banned
Oem one from our cars are complete plug n play... however having said that mine doesnt worm so maybe i think a relay has gone in it ?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I don't have this and never wanted it but have recently decided I may want one, where can I get one from and how easy is it to fit etc?

Thanks

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Yeah I love mine. Use it everytime. :)

I‘m sure it will just be a generic relay you‘ll need, and you can get an S2000 starter button from Tegiwa. (Thats whats used in the Teg)
That's what I was thinking to be honest, just pick up a 12v relay from Halfords. I think finding the housing that the button sits in will be the hardest thing. Just need to know where to splice in

SamDC5

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Does the S2000 setup work, as in plug and play ?
You'll wire the button into the relay and from the relay you'll splice into the car for the starter wire I believe

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Standard option is plug and play yes...but at £200 odd second hand and not many breaking them, its cheaper to get a relay and wire it in.

The s2000 button fits in the cigarette lighter slot a treat...no need for a surround. You may need to do a small but of altering to the gap as I know the barrel of the button has a few clips etc on it.

My mate got me to put an ebay one in his ford mondeo..haha dont ask. But it was easy. You can buy a pre wired relay, with instructions of which wires need power etc, and with a multimeter you‘ll have no trouble identifying switching and perm lives etc. Obviously if your not confident then get someone who is.

Ideally a second hand oem and plug it in will be easier though yes. Was one of the stipulations in wanted mine to have. Haven‘t seen many second hand ones come up on here in 7+ years, and when they do they aren‘t cheap.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Standard option is plug and play yes...but at £200 odd second hand and not many breaking them, its cheaper to get a relay and wire it in.

The s2000 button fits in the cigarette lighter slot a treat...no need for a surround. You may need to do a small but of altering to the gap as I know the barrel of the button has a few clips etc on it.

My mate got me to put an ebay one in his ford mondeo..haha dont ask. But it was easy. You can buy a pre wired relay, with instructions of which wires need power etc, and with a multimeter you‘ll have no trouble identifying switching and perm lives etc. Obviously if your not confident then get someone who is.

Ideally a second hand oem and plug it in will be easier though yes. Was one of the stipulations in wanted mine to have. Haven‘t seen many second hand ones come up on here in 7+ years, and when they do they aren‘t cheap.
I wanted mine into the OEM position. The wiring is easy and I'm happy to do a guide just wanted to know the right wires. I want mine looking like it came from Honda

p1tse

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I don't have this and never wanted it but have recently decided I may want one, where can I get one from and how easy is it to fit etc?

Thanks
Love this comment lol