DC5 Office Chair

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I have considered doing one for a while. But I have no use for it. Its a good idea though if you have an office. I have also seen recaros set up with pedals and steering wheels for playing need for speed or Gran Turismo

hondaft

Advanced Member
Niceee :) Im trying to do the same just now for gaming, can you take a picture of the bottom so I can see how you attached it?

bennn

Advanced Member
hondaft said:
Niceee :) Im trying to do the same just now for gaming, can you take a picture of the bottom so I can see how you attached it?
I can take a pic if you want but the way I did it was pretty straight forward:

1. Removed rails

2. Cut a piece of 12mm ply 420mm x 420mm

3. Sanded the rough edges lightly and sprayed it matt black

4. Offered it up to the seat base and drilled four holes inline with the mounting points on the Recaro

5. Bolted the wooden base on using the bolts from the rails

6. Screwed in the office chair base using self tappers

Nice and easy and only took half an hour.

S

stwteg

That looks great- I'd also have no use for one and nowhere to put one but that doesn't stop me wanting one maybe get rid of a kitchen chair

hondaft

Advanced Member
Nice one :) its actually an ep3 seat I picked up cheap since it was only for gaming.

Has anyone removed the rails from an ep3 seat before? Seems a nightmare :( seen some people saying online it requires some drilling bu I cant work out where.

bennn

Advanced Member
hondaft said:
Nice one :) its actually an ep3 seat I picked up cheap since it was only for gaming.

Has anyone removed the rails from an ep3 seat before? Seems a nightmare :( seen some people saying online it requires some drilling bu I cant work out where.
God knows! It's dead easy with a Recaro because obviously they are made to fit various rails so there are just 6 boltholes on the seat and its all flat underneath!

scrawnban

This could be a good business idea for you...you'd probably get a decent market for them on ebay and the like. Cash for Christmas and dc5 mods. I'd certainly buy one.

bennn

Advanced Member
scrawnban said:
This could be a good business idea for you...you'd probably get a decent market for them on ebay and the like. Cash for Christmas and dc5 mods. I'd certainly buy one.
Thanks but I very much doubt it. Unfortunately Recaro's aren't cheap I'm afraid and I don't have a ready supply of office chairs to butcher.