DC5 on 15's & 16's Pics?

Bikerz

I have heard the DC5 4 pots will clear TD 1.2's in 15" only, surley this means Compomotive MO's will? (Lupo GTI 4 pot brembos wouldnt clear TD 1.2, but Compomotive 1.2's would) so my logic is other 15's will clear..... Lightweight racing derived ones?
What size disks are front and rear of a DC5? I presume its the fronts that have clearence issues and rears are fine on 15's?

Also pics on 15's and 16's please.

I dont know why more of you arnt on 15's or 16's for performance reasons?

mike.williams

Advanced Member
ive seen alot of actual japanese dc5 running 16" on the rear but keeping 17" up front

i personally wouldnt do it myself as it looks gash

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
suspension is designed to work with 17 inch wheels and 215 tyres, if you fit 15" wheels you should also fit 60 profile tyres which have a huge sidewall so lots of flex,
we used to run one of the TGM integras on pro race 15's with slicks but although it was better geared for acceleration and had less unsprung weight, it just didnt look right the wheel arches are just too big.

tysonzane

There is a compomotive 15 inch wheel that fits - I forget the model. 15 inch wheels are essential when rallying.

Standard the Dc5 is a very poor rally car. Serious mods are required to increase suspension travel as well as modifications to suspension pick up points and sway bars.

Dan2020

Advanced Member
I use 15's for track days and it does handle better and accelerate better. That's only running 195-50-15 tyres. Might not look good, but it works well!!

Here's a pic: