DC5 on eBay

FireDance

Advanced Member
Me again!!!

Was looking on eBay and came across this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Integra-Type-R-DC5-/151025782729?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AGB%3A1123&item=151025782729&nma=true&si=dt650rZGU2tHV9mHfwsqo8mBbyw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I messaged the guy and the highest bidder never showed up. He wants £5000 for it and it has no service history apart from a few mot's! Was imported in 2007.

Does anyone know the car?

Also, if people are selling their cars, why don't they give you full information? I have asked him numerous questions about it and he either doesn't reply or he give me 1 sentence answers!!! Very annoying!

DC5RS

DC5
just read the feedback avoid. "False advertise gt there n car was a mess he wasn't even on logg book! Dodgy !!!"

edit: already noted :)

itrsarg

Advanced Member
How far a way is this car from you? Go have a look if it looks ok hpi it, don't wanna miss out on something just because the owner is a tool :)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
What do people expect for £5k???

I paid £7k for mine and have spent over £2k on parts and repair costs and to be a mint example it probably needs another £2k again to go on a spray over and finishing off the interior. For that I could probably have it looking near show room. If I'd gone out and bought one in that condition already I'd probably save myself 1 or 2 grand.

Having said that I'm pleased I've started with something that needed tlc. As frustrating as it can be turning up at meets and seeing much better examples or the occasional having to take it off the road I'm pleased to have been responsible to giving mine a new lease of life.

It comes down to two things really. If you need something reliable and looking good, avoid it at all costs, it looks trouble.

If however you want a project and you're willing to work on it over time it's nice to be able to save one of these from an early retirement to the breakers yard.

Whatever you do don't look at this as a cheap teg as it will be far from it! Mine now owes me £11k and it's nowhere near being mint yet!

As what's already been said though, needs to be hpi clear and be sound in structure. I. E no crash damage or major rust.

SimonJames

Advanced Member
I'd pay £5k for that seems ok for the price, if it was closer i'd maybe buy it as a 2nd one to my collection