DC5 on sale by DCY Europe?

Mohuss

Anyone know the car off the forum? Done about 98,000 with some nice mods. Just want to know if theres anyone on here who may have known the owner and give abit more info than what Barrie has already told me

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Chewy

Advanced Member
I always hate the quote 'The speedo is reading 98,000 and suspect a mixture of miles and km's' especially when it's an importer selling the car, it's enough for me to walk away and find something else.

Where's the original/first MOT? (It's an Irish car so we can check this online)
Where's the Bimta certificate?
Where's the UK service history listing mileage intervals.

Granted, it's got some nice bits, in person it may be a lovely, It just really annoys me.

Hopefully the previous owner is on here and can give you some more insight into the car.

Mohuss

Can't put link through my phone at the moment for some reason, its a nice car was just abit skeptical as the MOT history doesnt go as far as the day it was registered in the UK in 2009 apparently.

Barrie is still trying to find out more about the car through his side as it was a part exhange, i thought id try my luck and see if anyone knows the car on here

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I always hate the quote '[background=#000000]The speedo is reading 98,000 and suspect a mixture of miles and km's' [/background]
I am with you on this, also the ones who say it's a mix of KM and Miles etc and then those who say (I want a low mileage car), define low ffs, on a 2002 car even 100K is low lol.

Can't put link through my phone at the moment for some reason, its a nice car was just abit skeptical as the MOT history doesnt go as far as the day it was registered in the UK in 2009 apparently.

Barrie is still trying to find out more about the car through his side as it was a part exhange, i thought id try my luck and see if anyone knows the car on here

The history maybe missing as it was on a private plate or similar as otherwise I can't think of any reason it wont show or could be awkward to trace, however you should be able to trace it back still somehow.

I think I know the car you mean as they are selling it for someone not as a part of their stock am I correct? If so let me have a look for it again and see what I can find.

Mohuss

carl hammond said:
I am with you on this, also the ones who say it's a mix of KM and Miles etc and then those who say (I want a low mileage car), define low ffs, on a 2002 car even 100K is low lol.

The history maybe missing as it was on a private plate or similar as otherwise I can't think of any reason it wont show or could be awkward to trace, however you should be able to trace it back still somehow.

I think I know the car you mean as they are selling it for someone not as a part of their stock am I correct? If so let me have a look for it again and see what I can find.
Its the one on ebay for £8,485 with 98,000 miles. I know the other one youre on about which is the around the same price but with less milage.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mohuss said:
Its the one on ebay for £8,485 with 98,000 miles. I know the other one youre on about which is the around the same price but with less milage.

Ok got ya, yeah the one I mean was up for £9K I believe

Edit

Just looked and they have one on 83K 8.6K and one for 9.8K ish with 63K. The first one is being sold for a guy called Josh and was imported by them for him a year ago, which one is it you are on about

impne

Advanced Member
I‘d be careful buying from them I live nearby and the ones they‘ve imported over the last 15 odd years that I‘ve looked at have been low grade, missing history or grade, high prices and poor condition. All the ones I‘ve seen there you only need 1 minute to have an opinion and that says it all. Last dc5 I looked at there had no laquer on the roof, one next to it had pre facelift front end and face lift back end?
It‘s a shame as I had to go to torque gt when I‘d rather of got one local.
They have had the odd good car there though but still very pricey.
The last one I looked at a black civic type r was a right mess inside and cobwebs that must have been there for years, winter tyres cherry bomb exhaust from the 70‘s

ste01

Advanced Member
I contacted them back in 2013 when I was looking at getting my first teg. I found they massively over charge for quality of cars they sell and aren't very helpful.

I've since bought 2 Integra's from Torque GT