DC5 or S2000???

Captain_Liu

Hi all,
after I sold my crashed DC2 last week :(, I'm thinking about the next car I will get, most likely a HONDA again 8) , I like both DC5 and S2000 a lot, any one that has driven both can tell me which one is more fun?? Obviously DC5 is more practical :roll: .

Cheers,

Allen

jay82

Advanced Member
s2000 is a savage car and great to drive. always looking to get one myself. as i don't live in a sunny country i'll never get one. i'd pick the dc5 for that reason, its alot more fun to drive aswell

jay82

Advanced Member
Captain_Liu said:
You think DC5 is more fun then S2K to drive??? :roll:
yea i do anyway. i've test grove loads of them, and i drove the dc5 i spent 6 months looking for one (its not that hard to find a good one now)

morgan

Advanced Member
If you only need 2 seats and can live with no hatchback, then have the S2000.

Rear wheel drive and a soft-top. Doesnt feel difficult decision to me... ! Dont get me wrong, love DC5, but at the end of it all its still a 3-door-front-drive-hatch-hotted-up. Very different cars though. Other than the H badge, there is little to link them... :?:

Try one first though - it was way too small for me. (I am 6'3").

Captain_Liu

jay82 said:
Captain_Liu said:
yea i do anyway. i've test grove loads of them, and i drove the dc5 i spent 6 months looking for one (its not that hard to find a good one now)
Can you describe more fun than S2000 in what way exactly if possible?? Cause somehow I thing a perfectly balanced FR is more fun to drive then a FF, altough I know it's the Best FF but S2000 is like the most fun FR either. :p

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
Captain_Liu said:
yeah but you will pay way over the odds for it here in ireland. 21K euro and upwards. Crazy prices....

premadonna555

Advanced Member
I used to drive the S2000's when i worked at Honda from time to time. Fun wise, i'd say the S2 is more fun if you like RWD characteristics, obviously very different from the DC5 in that respect.

We also had quite a few written off in bad conditions with bad driving, but i don't think you can call them a 'tail happy' car.

I like the S2000, but it's still a bit pointess to have a 2 seater convertible in the UK. Can't go wrong with the optional hard top though. Just feels like a 2dr coupe.

I'd say if you enjoyed the dc2 then you'll like the dc5, but depends if you want a change or not?

redcap

Advanced Member
Different cars of course, i had the same decision about 9 months ago and i went for the DC5 because it was cheaper to buy and insure as i wanted the AP2 GT also the performance difference was so minimal imo and i had always wanted a DC5 for the 4 years i had my EP3 AE. I made the right decision but wonder what it would be like to own the S2K.

Project

Advanced Member
Sounds to me that you have already made your mind up that you want an S2000 but want us to convince you to buy a DC5 instead. Go with your first choice, you know what it is.

Captain_Liu

Project said:
Sounds to me that you have already made your mind up that you want an S2000 but want us to convince you to buy a DC5 instead. Go with your first choice, you know what it is.
I always wanted a DC5, love it a lot, but S2000 has grown on me more and more, I will probably get a hard top if i'm to get S2K.

BTW, anyone can compare the motoway experience between the 2?? In terms of comfort, noise and performance.

The Mofo

Advanced Member
I would say the S is a quieter ride than the DC5, mainly due to the small cabin size. The S handles the british roads better and is less crashy than the 5.

Personally I prefer the seats in the S over the 5 and would say over long journeys the S is more comfortable.

Melly

Advanced Member
The Mofo said:
I would say the S is a quieter ride than the DC5, mainly due to the small cabin size. The S handles the british roads better and is less crashy than the 5.

Personally I prefer the seats in the S over the 5 and would say over long journeys the S is more comfortable.
:lol: The s2k's suspension is like driving on bricks on our roads. The best part about the s2k is the engine and gearbox. Interior is nice if not a bit plain and totally driver focused. Seats are nice but not very supportive at all. Decent fuel consumption and running costs. The handling is a little scary at times. I remember fondly the time mines stepped out wildly whilst changing from 2nd to 3rd on a straight, dry road :lol: . Mines was an AP1 and i've heard they sorted the suspension since then tho.

Cheers
Melly

st33ly

Funny question this as am in this exactly situation. Don't know what to do? Plent good cars out thier its just their so far from me as am north of edinburgh thier all down london area.

acepty

Advanced Member
I test a s2k once and it felt totally different as everyone says...
in my case I felt it was more comfy on the uneven roads of my country perhaps because it was a US version??? not sure but the suspension on the DC5 is way harder than the AP1 S2K I tested, the suspension is stock on both.
the S is a bit scary as Melly mentions, but for example in the DC5 due to the uneven roads on here you have to be very focused when your about to shift a gear, the steering pulls to the sides because the torque steer and the pavement while you try to keep it strait with one hand and shift with the other.
these could be questioned since we drive on the left on here and my right arm might not be well trained for these task :lol:

Also the sound it made was louder (I would say awesome) than my DC5 but it had an intake and mine is all stock except for a ETD so can't compare apples to apples HTH

deburr

Advanced Member
I had a tuned up S2k it was a fantastic car, i could not fault it. The only reason i changed it was down to just wanting a change after 4 years, i think the DC is great but in the future a can see myself having another S2.

to

jay82

Advanced Member
Captain_Liu said:
jay82 said:
Captain_Liu said:
Can you describe more fun than S2000 in what way exactly if possible?? Cause somehow I thing a perfectly balanced FR is more fun to drive then a FF, altough I know it's the Best FF but S2000 is like the most fun FR either. :p
its really up to the driver. what u want from the car and how u use it. the dc5 i really can't fault and i have it 3 years and never concidered changeing it. the only time i had a problem driving it was when i hurt my back, i found it a nightmare to get in and out for about a month. it's only bad thing i've to say about it.

vadhert

Having owned both for over a year it totally depends on what you want. I would say the s2000 can be more of a handfull especially in the wet whereas the DC5 can be driven just as normally as if it was dry.

Both cars are extremely fun but I would rank the s2000 a little more on the wild side due to its rear wheel drive and sideways driving capabilities. With its excellent weight distribution, The s2000 is one hell of a drive.

I had mine for a year and a half until I fancied a change and wanted a bit more space. I never thought I would buy a front wheel drive car again but the DC5 felt different when I test drove it. It was the fact that it had a lsd on the front and a high revving honda engine that sold it to me along with the boot and seat space.

The DC5 is still though, compared to the s2000 an exclusive club to be in and you wont see as many around like you would an s2000.

The choice really is yours, Do you want to drive sideways with two seats, or just as fast with four seats in an even rarer car.