DC5 or WRX????!

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
Dave - if you mean my A4 tdi that I passed you in last week - that's my boring company car :lol:

I still have an evo V rs, and it kills me taking the audi to work Mon - Fri and my lass having the EVO, but I do an 80 mile round trip to work so couldn't afford the evo's fuel !!

Makes you look forward to the week-ends even more though :)

matt b

Advanced Member
bazza said:
Agree with Geoff [fancy seeing you here bud :D]
shite the bed do you own all of those motors in your sig :shock:

Tommi Mak RS Monte Carlo :xcheers: :xrockout: =P \:D/ xthumbup

riceburner

For real world driving on motorways,dual carriage ways A and B roads in the normal British climate the wrx ppp is the better car.Take the cars out on the track and the dc5 has the edge. :-k

truffs

riceburner said:
For real world driving on motorways,dual carriage ways A and B roads in the normal British climate the wrx ppp is the better car.Take the cars out on the track and the dc5 has the edge. :-k
ahhh thats the PPP though, the WRX on its on is still a very good package but not quite as tight as the DC5. Put the PPP pack on and everything becomes tighter etc etc. :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
quarter mile yesterday at york i got challenged by a wrx sti thingy, he couldnt believe the first run when i handed him his ass, so we had another go, same result :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
best was 14.1, however im still waiting for them to update the results section on their website. the ticket machine ran out of paper on my last run against the scooby which i think was a quicker one, best reaction was .72 on the day, not my best but still good enough!
once i had grip i was away, pulled lovely through the gears, just first adn second were a bit spinny, with different softer/grippier tyres i'd a been in the 13's i reckon!

Gaz 1

Advanced Member
Nice one mate, i ran a 14.5 at Crail last weekend but really the surface up there is complete sh*te, concrete = wheelspin galore, need some proper tarmac laid down :D

kingston

Advanced Member
Old age setting in is it, reactions arent as good as they used to be, best leave it to us younguns me thinks :p

What tyres you run on in the end?

mikegsi said:
best was 14.1, however im still waiting for them to update the results section on their website. the ticket machine ran out of paper on my last run against the scooby which i think was a quicker one, best reaction was .72 on the day, not my best but still good enough!
once i had grip i was away, pulled lovely through the gears, just first adn second were a bit spinny, with different softer/grippier tyres i'd a been in the 13's i reckon!

mikegsi

Staff member
ran with the potenza's in the end, dropped the fronts down to 15psi and they went fine, thing is though my pre k-pro time was 14.4, and now with k-pro i only managed a 14.1, i was expecting to knock a bit more off that time..... surface was dry so i cant blame that either!

Dave SS

mikegsi said:
ran with the potenza's in the end, dropped the fronts down to 15psi and they went fine, thing is though my pre k-pro time was 14.4, and now with k-pro i only managed a 14.1, i was expecting to knock a bit more off that time..... surface was dry so i cant blame that either!
Your car has a lot of torque now though Mike spinning up those front wheels, I'm not suprised your overall time wasn't as quick as you'd hoped :?
Time for a super-fat pair of fronts, me thinks?

kingston

Advanced Member
would dropping the tyre pressure though meant even if you had more grip to get off the line = more surface area, would that not be detrimental to the top speed youd be able to achieve, hence the slower time?

mikegsi

Staff member
not sure mate, last time i had the goodyears on adn dropped the pressur eon them too, everyone seemed to be doing it, if i havent sold my oem wheels by next time i'll try it with them on methinks

kingston

Advanced Member
guess one way to do it would be to have a couple of runs with tyre pressure norm, lose 5 psi run, lose 5psi run etc etc until you find it...

I found in the past (with the seicento), that by swapping the wheels to slimmer, lower radius wheels/tyres the car was quicker due to the smaller rolling diameter....

mikegsi

Staff member
hold up mate, now i know your telling porkies...........

seicento...........quick............seicento?????????????? :wink: :p

kingston

Advanced Member
yeah, if youve driven one youd understand. Just because youve spent loads of money modding yours no need to get bitter :xgrphug: :xkiss: xredfinger :p

oh, anyone who has taken the m25/m11 S turn? i managed to take ti atleast 5mph quicker on the ps2s than pots, with only a little bit of bounce on the switch back (stupid golf made me change my line)

and back on track, so scooby vs dc5 then....