DC5 Paint Colours/Codes

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Right, I'm looking to get some paint mixed for my black DC5, and was wondering if any of you lot know what the paint code is? :?

Can anyone confirm or deny wether it is the same "Nighthawk Black" as the CTR? :?

JOM

Advanced Member
Andy,

Have a look under the bonet at the passenger side - the plaque with the Chassis number on it.

The bottom number I think it is ,is the paint colour a call to Honda dealers should confirm the reference.

James

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Ahh good idea milsomj, I thought that might be something to do with it, but there are a couple of numbers on my VIN plate. :roll:

The bottom line of my VIN plate reads :

S6M2 0C0-B92P -X -C

Have u any idea which part of this is the paint code?

JOM

Advanced Member
Cannot remember exactly which number it is - I have chatted about this with the parts guy at the local dealers.

If get time tomorrow I will try and ring them.

James

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Andy, One small word of caution. James is quite right, the paint code is included on the bottom line of your VIN-plate however... When I needed some silver mixing for mine the paint company could not match it by number (something to do with JDM codes being different to UK) and had to mix it by eye :? . It turned out not to be a problem in my case but it could be if you can't get the original panel/part to the paint manufacturers :roll:

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Hmmmmm, now I'm wondering if there's anything painted on the car that is removable, and not vital to every day use!! :?

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Here's a hint - I had to have my rear skirt plastic-welded and re-painted to replace the towbar that the importer put on mine and called a fog-light... Anyway, the skirt is held on by four bolts only and for the sake of running around bare-arsed for a couple of days you might save yourself heaps of impatient waiting. Just a thought :D

David Johnson

Parts Trader
paint and trim codes

paint and trim codes can be found on the chassis plate on each vehicle,
eg b92p paint code, a letter underneath eg x trim code
All colours can be ordered through a dealer and cost around £3.00
Honda only supply touch up pens no spray paint

Dave Johnson
Steels Honda
01432 267154

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Thanks for ur help guys.

Dave, yeah, my paint code is B92P, which is "Highthawk Black Pearlescent", same as the UK CTR!! :D Should be easy enough to get hold of.