dc5 perfomance

dn100

hi there was wondering if anyone could tell me the 0-60 and top speed of the dc5. i am getting one in a few weeks but cant find out much info on the perfomance side.

cfoster

Advanced Member
was these top speeds going by the speedometer or GPS timing gear?? As speedos are so inaccurate at high speeds. I have done testing etc at Bruntingthorpe using timing gear (not in a DC5) and you'd be shocked at how far out they are!

Chris

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
ps2london said:
i know someone did 174mph.....
really !! nono it was 170mph.. but I know someone that did 164mph

Please note that these speeds where done on a test environment at an airfield and we do not recommend that you should try this on public roads.

JT

Wow! Are you guys really doing 6secs flat on a 0-100? or rather 0-60? That's pretty fast right? I'm doing 6.5 on the average using Pivot speed cut lifter to time it.
Hey, then again, aren't you guys suppose to be metric? Why miles instead of Kilometers? Pardon my stoopidity.

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
I had mine up to 167mph by gps reading (on a long straight with no tailwind but a slight downhill) - forget about the speedo! ps - no mods involved

Not that I talk from experience, but its really hard to get to top speed in top gear on a track, on a straight its only possible.

Trung

Advanced Member
Bruntingthorpe is conveniently located near to Junction 20 of the M1 and nearby Leicester, Coventry and Birmingham within the rollings fields of rural Leicestershire.

Birmingham International Airport is located just 45 minutes away by road to the west of Bruntingthorpe and East Midlands Airport 30 minutes to the north. Mainline railway stations are within 20 minutes at both Leicester and Rugby.