DC5 Price question

TOPDOGDC5

I have 2001 CW DC5 with brand new tyres + wheels. Good amount of service history. Immaculate Interior and Exterior. HKS Exhaust. Catagory C and the damage was before the car was braught to this country! I have had it for 1 year and it has never given me any problem. only 50k on the clock. Road tax £192 for year. 02 Sensor recently replaced.

How much do you think my car is worth?

Thanks

kingston

Advanced Member
guess it was brought over knowing it was a Cat C and then repaired.

As for value, itll be less than the cheapeast going DC5 out there as its a Cat C, unless of course you dont advertise it as a Cat C [-(

would it be recorded on a HPI if it was repaired prior to entering the country?

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
There's no such thing as Cat C in Japan. I also believe if it was damaged and repaired in Japan it wouldn't show up on a HPI check. Meaning if it does state a Cat C on the report, then it was involved in an accident on UK soil.

Anyway back to the question in hand, I'd value it at £6.5k, you may get as much as £7k for it, but of course the number of buyers that will entertain a CAT C damaged/repaired car is far fewer...

p1tse

Advanced Member
i've seen ones without service history due to owners doing it themselves go for £7k

a cat d i would say £5k

a cat c, is it actually road legal?

Dan B

Are you sure you don't mean it was an "R" or "***" grade in Japan?

If it's a Cat C then it will say so in the V5 logbook and the date when VOSA VIC checked the car in the special notes section like it does on my other car which is a Cat C:

TOPDOGDC5

There is no mention of a damage on the log book mate! I even rang VOSA if it required VIC check and they said no. All I know is that previous owner did an HPI check and it said CAT C on it. Thats why I got it for £8k a year ago with the milleage of just under 42000. But trust me this car is no different from any other DC5,S i have been driving it for long time and has never ever given me any problem, infact its a brilliant example of a real JDM TYPE R!! I have been driving it in all modes , but mostly in vtec cos thats one of the main reason I got this car in 1st place lol

Dan B said:
Are you sure you don't mean it was an "R" or "***" grade in Japan?

If it's a Cat C then it will say so in the V5 logbook and the date when VOSA VIC checked the car in the special notes section like it does on my other car which is a Cat C:

TOPDOGDC5

Any how I will be selling my car next week. So if any one of are interested in a cut-price but perfect car please let me know. You are more then welcome to come and view the car. All the history of the car is clear. I am sure CW DC5 in this condition (Not catagory) would be selling for easy £9000. But as we all know it is CAT C (Not recorded on Log book) and to be honest with you I never carried out an HPI check myself, it was the previous owner who did it, so I am willing to take cut price for it.

Atreides

TOPDOGDC5 said:
Any how I will be selling my car next week. So if any one of are interested in a cut-price but perfect car please let me know. You are more then welcome to come and view the car. All the history of the car is clear. I am sure CW DC5 in this condition (Not catagory) would be selling for easy £9000. But as we all know it is CAT C (Not recorded on Log book) and to be honest with you I never carried out an HPI check myself, it was the previous owner who did it, so I am willing to take cut price for it.
The ultimate irony here is that it's people like you that drive the price of CAT C cars down... ](*,).

You admit it's a perfectly good car, and clearly know and state it's actual value, yet are willing to make a massive loss because of a note on a piece of paper. Genius :roll:.

Here's an idea: advertise it at a slight price cut and explain the situation, stating that viewing is essential. There are (intelligent) people out there that can see past the CAT C, and judge a car on it's merits, rather than a label.

TOPDOGDC5

I never said I am going to make a massive loss. From price cut i actually meant i wud sell for maybe in the region of between £7500 to £8000. No one is taking my pride away from me for anything less than that. It is a brilliant example of this car! I can proudly say that there arn't many around in similar condition, I am just being honest as I do not like to fool people around. I am an honest person

paul 16v

Advanced Member
tbh i think you will be lucky to get 7.5k tops as most people that buy cat c/d cars know they can ben hard to sell once they have finnished with them, my 1st dc2 was cat d and i had cat c ibiza cupra i got them really cheap but in the end i sold them cheap aswell.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
is it only me that finds this weird?

if it is a cat c it must be recorded or at least damaged here to get the catogary assigned to it, as the poster above, what was actually damaged?

TOPDOGDC5

well the previous owner told me that the damage at front end of the car to the near side front wing, bumper and headlight. They were all replaced so no signs of the damage can be seen on the car.

Like we all know if the car is cat C it appears on log bok as it requires the VIC check but mine hasn't got no mention of damage on the log book. I only know because the previous owner showed me the HPI check he did before he baught the car which states it is a CAT C .

Gaz_Ek4

Advanced Member
TOPDOGDC5 said:
well the previous owner told me that the damage at front end of the car to the near side front wing, bumper and headlight. They were all replaced so no signs of the damage can be seen on the car.

Like we all know if the car is cat C it appears on log bok as it requires the VIC check but mine hasn't got no mention of damage on the log book. I only know because the previous owner showed me the HPI check he did before he baught the car which states it is a CAT C .
Not neccessarily true! When an insurance company declares a car Cat C they usually destroy the V5 completely and you have to apply for another when the car has passed its VIC check. If your car is Cat C it defintely happened in this country after the car was imported and SVA'd. I brought a damaged DC5 from Japan and repaired it before SVA, when I registered it after the test, it was HPI clear and still is.

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
If I were you I would get in contact with hpi/dvla and try and establish the history of the accident. It will not only give you peace of mind, but will no doubt help the sale when you put it on the market.

If it's a as good as you say it is, it could just be a clerical error... now that would be a good situation to be in.