DC5 purchase

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

I need some advice with regard to buying my first DC5. I done alot of research on this site in terms of what to look out for. Im thinking of buying the black DC5 at Torque GT in devon. Everything about the car look quality apart from the milege its 69,000 miles and in a few years of me owning the car it could be best part of 100,000miles effecting the re-sale value. As i would be very wary of spending £6/7/8,000 on a car with that many miles.

Does anyone have the same opinion or am i worrying or wrong about the milege.

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers
Chris

Stoo

Whining.....
IMHO. That's alot of money for that car! You pay more at a dealer but that's mental money!

£9k could get you a lower mileage younger car bought privately which is what I would do.

69k on a 51 is low miles mate. It's nearly 10 yrs old. Average 7k a year. The uk average is 10-12k a year

My 03 is coming up to 65k

I wouldn't worry. Cars depreciate with miles and it will happen regardless of what you buy.

kingston

Advanced Member
Like Stoo said, cars depreciate no matter what and the cost differential will be prob only a few hundred quid anyway = youll have quite a few smiles for the money.

DC5's are at the bottom of the depreciation curve at the moment while the gbp/yen ratio is poor and contrary to what we all believe, there not highly strung supercars liable to go pop.

Buy on condition of the car and not the mileage :xcheers:

viggen

Advanced Member
i brought mine from there in augest last year.try getting the price down.i payed £800 less than they where asking for it.

NiCkO

Advanced Member
Like Stoo said, cars depreciate no matter what and the cost differential will be prob only a few hundred quid anyway = youll have quite a few smiles for the money.

DC5's are at the bottom of the depreciation curve at the moment while the gbp/yen ratio is poor and contrary to what we all believe, there not highly strung supercars liable to go pop.

Buy on condition of the car and not the mileage :xcheers:
very true ^^ i have just brought my dc and collect eather today or in the week and i drove to chester to look at and 04 plate with low mileage and for the money was not impressed but in then looked at one with more miles and older and it knocked spots off the newer one. guess if the car has had a hard life being track dayed and thrashed a lot it will ware alot more that one that only see's the sumer dry road's and is look after.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
the engines go forever and no one's mileage is going down so people will expect to see mileage of the 100k+ Dc2's still sell for good prices for the age of the car and they are on 100k + its overall condition that counts.

an extra £1k would get you this bad boy... http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23365-my-gorgeous-teg-for-salenew-lower-price/

blueguy

Resident J's whore
the engines go forever and no one's mileage is going down so people will expect to see mileage of the 100k+ Dc2's still sell for good prices for the age of the car and they are on 100k + its overall condition that counts.

an extra £1k would get you this bad boy... http://www.itr-dc5.c...ew-lower-price/
That is so much car for the money. I still can't believe no one has bought this yet.

kingston

Advanced Member
Could be;
To many mods - puts people off
Its black (blue and white are the favoured colours despite what others think)
Oh no the miles are 'high' and all the low mileage doom mongers are ignoring it :roll:

cjh1981

Advanced Member
cheers guys for all your comments. i think i will be looking on here for a DC5, that way i can do some searches etc on the car. I think the reason why i was considering Torque GT was their excellent rep. but to be honest there is some cars on here less miles and newer so its a no brainer now.

hopefully i will get some luck and the right car will come up.

thanks again guys

qamvti

Advanced Member
cheers guys for all your comments. i think i will be looking on here for a DC5, that way i can do some searches etc on the car. I think the reason why i was considering Torque GT was their excellent rep. but to be honest there is some cars on here less miles and newer so its a no brainer now.

hopefully i will get some luck and the right car will come up.

thanks again guys

Hi
Mate thinking of selling mine as want to buy an FD2 give me call if you like will give details about the car its c/w and in your price range also very well looked after and I am the only owner in the UK.Low miles 40410. Also you can call just to have a chat on which cars to avoid. Heres my number 07791 891134.

Kam

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Hi i have just put a deposit on this. what do you think when i viewed the car its spotless.

http://mobile.pistonheads.com/sales/1945474.htm.

any comments welcome

cheers
Chris