DC5-r condition questions.

kwiatu

Advanced Member
Hi guys, at first im Jacob, im located in Poland. Was dreaming about the DC5r and going to make dreams come true.

I found one teg for sell in Poland, LHD converted already with RSX parts.

engine is running pretty well, gearbox too, but shifter have so much free movement, side-side is ok, but front-rear is to much in my opinion, its about 5cm free run between i have to push and when i feel gearbox is chosing the gear, what do you think, what can be that problem ?

Also when push the brake pedal there is weird rear wheel/suspension knocking, dont know whats that, but it depend of speed if youre going faster it is faster repeated... Its all the time when braking, going faster - more knocking... any idea ?

Also there is srs light on, dont know if its only error, or some bigger problem, i know how to reset the light, but dont know how to check error and what will be the code - any help ?

Also car have real front mugen bumper, mugen intake, ukdm driver lowering rails, and 5zigen exhaust. and its listed for a reaaaaaly good price... Hope i will be one of DC5r owners soon! :)

Rob R

Advanced Member
A short shifter and cable bushes would eliminate the gearbox sloppiness.

Rear brake issue could be a multitude of things. Would need to get it on a ramp and have a goose. Rear discs and pads are cheap enough to replace though.

Local garage should be able to scan for error codes to tell you why the lights on. If the seats have been swapped may be as simple as the connector not being put back in.

Wish the UK was the same with Poland for allowing cars on the road. There's more Polish and Lithuanian plated cars in my work car park then there is UK ones! Of course theyre a'll insured properly and registered over here with the DVLA though :^o

kwiatu

Advanced Member
Rob R said:
A short shifter and cable bushes would eliminate the gearbox sloppiness.

Rear brake issue could be a multitude of things. Would need to get it on a ramp and have a goose. Rear discs and pads are cheap enough to replace though.

Local garage should be able to scan for error codes to tell you why the lights on. If the seats have been swapped may be as simple as the connector not being put back in.

Wish the UK was the same with Poland for allowing cars on the road. There's more Polish and Lithuanian plated cars in my work car park then there is UK ones! Of course theyre a'll insured properly and registered over here with the DVLA though
Yea, i did not think about cable bushes, but i think one which chose gear between 1-2 3-4 5-6 can be gone... Thank you, but if anyone have idea what else can be wrong with that i will be thankfull.

With rear brake i dont think that these are pads or discs, bearing isn't quite enough, maybe there is some loose and an abs ring is touching abs sensor, hmm?

Any of code scanner will read JDM DC5R errors ? How about cel codes ? can srs errors be checked in that way ?

Unfortunetaly there is long way to get DC5R ready for roads, thats why im thinking about that one...

In Poland car have to pass something like mot, but RHD cars will not be able to, it have to be LHD converted, then youre back on MOT, and you cant get it proper cause for shorter VIN, owner have to post mail for ministry of transport, and they are making deviation from technical requirement.

Rob R

Advanced Member
Depending on how much of a conversion has taken place it may be running incorrect shifter cables?

Any OBD2 scanner should be able to read the error codes.

kwiatu

Advanced Member
Shifter cables are the same in RSX and DC5, also mounting points are the same. when i will look at that i will check whats going on under the airbox, but thats the smallest worst... its all mechanical stuff, the worst scenario will be something wrong with gearbox part of shifting mechanism.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Shifter cables are the same but bushings are not. However that doesn't sound like the problem to me. Could be a loose or bent selector but to be honest it's one of those things you'd need to have it in bits to diagnose.

Same with the knocking really but if not brake related I'd maybe get 4 wheel alignment checked and take it from there.

kwiatu

Advanced Member
shifter cables are things I can repair by myself. I'm mostly scared about srs light on dash.. cause electric things are magic for me...

davidpingu

Advanced Member
There is a guide on how you can just use a paperclip or similar to short two pins on the obd reader which will give you a series of SRS light flashes which correspond to a code. You have to be absolutely sure you get the right pins or you risk damaging the ECU so when looking at the guide, double check and double check again but this will isolate the fault as I've used it myself. Just go careful or take it to a garage with a reader as mentioned

kwiatu

Advanced Member
David, i know there is cel code option in OBD2 connector, same thing was in EK4 with seperate 3 pin connector, but problem is which cel code is which error...

Rom

Advanced Member
There's a list online for what code means what.
Any obd2 scanner can read eml codes. By law Honda have to let them.
But srs codes will need better equipment to read.

I'd be thinking the wiring for the airbags hasn't been done properly. Obviously they have swapped sides, the wiring would need to swap also.
The only plugs for seats are seat belt warning lights. No pretensioners.

So this is a jdm type r, converted to lhd with rsx parts?

kwiatu

Advanced Member
also need one question, the DC i would like to buy, is still on red carpet, but the footrest is on passanger side, also petrol opening too.
anyone know how mounted is footrest ? Its one piece with carpet ? or its seperate bracet under the carpet?
and how much is mugen bumper worth ?