DC5 Recaros vs girlfriend ..

rob_sri

Hi all

Just bought myself a DC5 and new to ownership and so far I love it

The Mrs however.. not so much!

Just noticed another thread ongoing about the seatbelt plastics so thought I‘d ask..

Her main complaint is the seats being too snug around the hips

She‘s quite slim but has wide hips and finds the seats uncomfortable

Has anybody had this issue and how did you break up with them? Is it easy to find a replacement?

Joking aside.. I‘m thinking of maybe a cushion to raise her seating position might help.. has anybody had anything made up? Or changed seats to a different model for this reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indi

Advanced Member
I have seen a few people change the DC5 Recaros to EP3 Premier edition/JDM Recaro's. I personally think that the DC5 recaros are one of the best seats out of all the Type R range. They're just so supportive and comfy even on long journeys. On the other hand the JDM EP3 recaros in my EP3 are no where near as supportive and I find the back support too hard but I guess it all depends on what type of body build you are.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

I have this problem on long journeys. The only way I can get round it is by putting a flat square of covered foam to raise the hips in to a higher position.

Like the car. You've probably found out already how much satisfaction one can get on decent drive around the B roads.

Regards. Granty.

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
As a girl DC5 owner I love the snugness of the Recaros but I‘m pretty tiny JDM size I guess you could say 😆😆

They aren‘t as good looking (IMO) but ATR Recaros are wider and not too expensive to get hold of as an option.
Hope that helps 👍🏽

rob_sri

Granty1056 said:
Hi.

I have this problem on long journeys. The only way I can get round it is by putting a flat square of covered foam to raise the hips in to a higher position.

Like the car. You've probably found out already how much satisfaction one can get on decent drive around the B roads.

Regards. Granty.
Yeah this is exactly what I was thinking... odd request but could you take a pic of how you‘ve done it.. thinking I might be able to get something made up out of foam and recaro seat fabric

I haven‘t had it long and unfortunately it‘s rained every day I‘ve had it! And when it hasn‘t rained I‘ve had it in bits working on it so haven‘t taken it for a good shoeing yet ☹️

rob_sri

emmsyDC5xx said:
As a girl DC5 owner I love the snugness of the Recaros but I‘m pretty tiny JDM size I guess you could say

They aren‘t as good looking (IMO) but ATR Recaros are wider and not too expensive to get hold of as an option.
Hope that helps
Thanks :) il have a look at them! I do love the DC5 recaros but they are narrow so I can get what she‘s saying

BataLeon

Advanced Member
That is one nice car!

My wife is getting used to them now, need to get the pillow thing for the head but fit wise now she's getting into yoga her rear is getting smaller so win win :lol:

Granty1056

Advanced Member
rob_sri said:
Yeah this is exactly what I was thinking... odd request but could you take a pic of how you‘ve done it.. thinking I might be able to get something made up out of foam and recaro seat fabric

I haven‘t had it long and unfortunately it‘s rained every day I‘ve had it! And when it hasn‘t rained I‘ve had it in bits working on it so haven‘t taken it for a good shoeing yet ☹️

Hi.

Tried to get some images on but failed. It's something I'm not good at. However the pad I use is about 14 x 14 inches square and about three inches thick. Its shaped and the material is identical to the black Ricaro's. I bought it online from some site specially dealing in orthopaedic seat supports. I bought it to use on the base of my computer chair because my back was giving me some stick during long spells. It does work and helps to keep the back upright.

Regards. Granty.

rob_sri

SamDC5 said:
Tell her to sit in the back 🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
that would go down like a lead balloon! I changed from a 330D to the DC5 so I think she‘s been spoilt and misses the heated leather lol

rob_sri

BataLeon said:
That is one nice car!

My wife is getting used to them now, need to get the pillow thing for the head but fit wise now she's getting into yoga her rear is getting smaller so win win :lol:
Mines doing squats and it‘s getting bigger

rob_sri

Granty1056 said:
Hi.

Tried to get some images on but failed. It's something I'm not good at. However the pad I use is about 14 x 14 inches square and about three inches thick. Its shaped and the material is identical to the black Ricaro's. I bought it online from some site specially dealing in orthopaedic seat supports. I bought it to use on the base of my computer chair because my back was giving me some stick during long spells. It does work and helps to keep the back upright.

Regards. Granty.
Cheers mate :) I get what you mean will see if I can find something similar

Cennix1

Remove the bottom bolsters :D If your GF is anything like mine, you'll get moaned at before you can go anywhere near speeds they are needed anyway..

Mattz

Advanced Member
I think a car seat cushion is the best bet so she isn't sat as deep into the seat where the bolsters are tighter? Could always leave it in the boot when it's not being used as well (the cushion not the girlfriend).

rob_sri

Cennix1 said:
Remove the bottom bolsters :D If your GF is anything like mine, you'll get moaned at before you can go anywhere near speeds they are needed anyway..
Haha she‘s okay like that and drives her little 1.4 polo like she stole it but so far she is not a big DC5 fan

rob_sri

Mattz said:
I think a car seat cushion is the best bet so she isn't sat as deep into the seat where the bolsters are tighter? Could always leave it in the boot when it's not being used as well (the cushion not the girlfriend).
she‘s going in the boot.. problem solved

rob_sri

emmsyDC5xx said:
She‘s a German car lover then that is the issue
Bloody hope not she‘s definitely going in the boot now

ijlh

Advanced Member
Easier to dump her, you‘ll have more money for shiny parts that way 🤣