DC5 Respray Advice Needed

coolerking

Advanced Member
Hi Folks,

Looking for some advice really on my 5 and getting it resprayed,

basically the front bumper and bonnet definetely need a respray (stonechips and the usual)

but I've also noticed that the back right panel is a different colour to the rest of the car, looks like the door and wing have been painted but no blending of the back panel, I've attached a pic so you guys can see, sorry for the poor iphone quality btw.

phoned Honda, they said 900 to respray the front, and 4.5k for a full respray, so lol that aint happening,

had another quote from a local place, they say 8-900 again to sort out the front, which I still think is pretty steep to be honest, and for a full respray it would be 2500

I asked about just getting the front done and sorting out the back right panel, but I was told because of the blending process, the whole car wouldnt look that great and be kinda odd looking.

so my question is, is 900 not a bit expensive to have the front bonnet and bumper done? is 2.5k a good respray price? also has anyone else had similar problems with panels being a diff colour and how did you get around it

cheers guys photo-2.JPG

Miroxen

Well I got mine sprayed from front to back no interior except near the engine cost me 1.9k euros. I asked several sprayers mostly same cost or less but I chose the most sprayer with good reputation.

dave c

400hp K20
2.5K for a full respray is what i would expect to pay for a decent job. TGM are the ones to do it too ;)

coolerking

Advanced Member
Cheers man, a seen you had yours done on your blog, looks a great job, im up in glasgow so tgm's a bit far lol,

The guy said it doesnt warrant a full respray, but said there's no other way to sort out that back panel without it looking odd,

Lot a cash i planned on spending on mods lol

rascal69

Advanced Member
I paid 800 for the following
Bonnet
Front bumper, smoothed
Facelift mugen lip customised to fit like oem
Rear bumper and lip
Bootlid also.

rascal69

Advanced Member
A local guy to me. He's in Johnstone.
He's a good mate of mine but will also give you a good deal.
Yeah it close to half Respray lol.

coolerking

Advanced Member
Mate could you drop me a pm with his details n ill give him a call?

You based in johnstone or you closy by?

Cheers

Josh16v

Advanced Member
I've worked in body repair for years, and 1.5 - 3k seems about right for a respray, depend on the car / damage etc.

If a customer gave me the panels only, for a perfect bonet and bumper, I'd charge £400. So I'd say £900 is steep, I'd expect them to blend onto the wings for that price though.

coolerking

Advanced Member
Cheers josh, thought it was to be honest, i definetely thought blending of the panels is part of doing a good job lol

Thanks everyone for your help so far, gonna give big al a phone tomorrow lol,

Was sure ive seen your teg rascal floating around glasgow city centre before lol

G Man

Advanced Member
When I bought my DC5 the drivers door looked a little brown compared to the rest of the car, I questioned at the time of sale if any part of the car had been painted but was told no. My mate who was with me owned a DC5 previously and said he was sure it would polish up so I went ahead and bought it.

We polished the door with Mezerna Power Gloss and it came up brilliant, looks the same as the rest of the panels now so maybe give this a try before jumping in for a full respray.

I'm from Stirling so let me know how the painting goes, I plan to get my front end painted this summer.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Got a guy up here who does good work mate.

Give me a shout when your looking to get some work done ill point you in his direction. He is the guy who painted the Green one that I posted pics of in the spotted section.

He is based just outside of Livingston (Balerno side) near Edinburgh.

Cheers

Josh16v

Advanced Member
Cheers josh, thought it was to be honest, i definetely thought blending of the panels is part of doing a good job lol
I'd probably charge about £50 more for blending onto the wings if I had the car instead of just panels.

rascal69

Advanced Member

Thanks everyone for your help so far, gonna give big al a phone tomorrow lol,

Was sure ive seen your teg rascal floating around glasgow city centre before lol
Maybe. Black preface lift with purple oems?
Yeah give him a call.
He's a detailer also so could machine polish it up aswel ;)

TypeRiter

Advanced Member
I wouldn't pay any more than £250-300 for a front end... (infact, anticipate £150-200 per panel)

I got my front end smoothed too, and an aftermarket lip sprayed from new...

To get a whole car done. £2-2.5K is the amount. If you're going to mod your car visually - buy the parts first, and get them fitted, so when it does go into the booth you can have it all done in the same mix.

coolerking

Advanced Member
Seen your respray pics Coldfuse, immensley jealous of milano red owners haha

seems to be a reasonable price for a repsray then, I reckon he's said 900 for the front hoping I bite at the respray,

I'll definetely be looking elsewhere for a few prices first