DC5 Revision?

MikeTh

When speaking to Japan last year they said they were doing a deal (not a very good one) as the DC5 was changing. I subsequently ordered another new Racing Type R and took delivery a few weeks ago. Noticed this weekend that the chassis number now starts 21 which look like a new set of numbers for a revised car. The only things I've noticed are the windscreen washers are now white instead of black, and it came with Yokohama tyres instead of the Bridgestones. Anybody in the knowledge?? The K20A sticker isn't on the side of the engine, don't know where the plate is to check?

T666YPR

Hi Mike
Mine's a Dec '03 and has start Nos.21 & body colour washer jets & "Yoko Ono's".Was originally told when I ordered it that it was '04 spec,but until you said I hadn't noticed any differences at all.Probably throwing in some factory extras at Japan end as a runout before facelift in summer.Not heard of any tech upgrade,would be nice to know if there has been one already though :D

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
No such luck mate...

I get a error 148 when translating the page. Babelfish wont translate it cos most of the text is not text, but pictures!

Anyone else?

T666YPR

I've tried to decode the page after clicking the "P" next to the sept '03 update;but all I get is an error 157.
Somebody must know surely?