DC5 speakers, help?

pau_teg08

Hi guys
Basically my front door speakers doesnt work, but tweeters and rear does, checked the wires and they seem to be fine, tried a different radio and still doesnt work.. so im thinking of upgrading/changing them,

I have done abit of research but still couldnt find the answer, as im worried with the mounting depth to be to big with the speakers i buy?
What speakers does everyone recommend?
What size is best? 6.5"?
Do i have to get speakers adapters cause of the funny fitment oem honda done? If so wheres the best place to source this?
Looking to spend only up to £60 on speakers as not too bothered with high ends ones.

Any help would be appreciated!

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
If you're sure the speakers have gone and it's not the wiring...

I put 17cm (6.5") speakers in the front of mine.

You'll need adapters. The astra ones work well enough.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoleads-SAK-2902-Speaker-Adaptor-for-Vauxhall-Astra-Vectra-UK-SELLER-/222464307373?hash=item33cbe7f0ad:g:xGsAAOSw03lY5QcX

Can get them from halfrauds if you prefer.

You'll need to drill pilot holes in the door to mount them (smallest drillbit you can find. Then use self tapper screws to do the work)

When you come to remove the standard speakers don't go cutting any wires. The connector can be disassembled and the connectors removed intact so you can just connect them to the new speakers without causing any damage to anything.

I would highly recommend sound deadening the door panel (inside mainly) whilst you have the door card off, it'll help immensely with the sound quality.

It's an easy job.

edit: my old build thread in my sig has a pic where you can see my door speaker attached with the adapter i mentioned. not highly informative but should show you how it'll look.

pau_teg08

How do you go about the sound deadening?
Ive just ordered that astra speaker adapter, as im sure it will work how you described it, thanks for the reply bud! Much appreciated!

SuperFLY said:
If you're sure the speakers have gone and it's not the wiring...

I put 17cm (6.5") speakers in the front of mine.

You'll need adapters. The astra ones work well enough.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoleads-SAK-2902-Speaker-Adaptor-for-Vauxhall-Astra-Vectra-UK-SELLER-/222464307373?hash=item33cbe7f0ad:g:xGsAAOSw03lY5QcX

Can get them from halfrauds if you prefer.

You'll need to drill pilot holes in the door to mount them (smallest drillbit you can find. Then use self tapper screws to do the work)

When you come to remove the standard speakers don't go cutting any wires. The connector can be disassembled and the connectors removed intact so you can just connect them to the new speakers without causing any damage to anything.

I would highly recommend sound deadening the door panel (inside mainly) whilst you have the door card off, it'll help immensely with the sound quality.

It's an easy job.

edit: my old build thread in my sig has a pic where you can see my door speaker attached with the adapter i mentioned. not highly informative but should show you how it'll look.

nails

Advanced Member

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
My local halforda had small speaker sheets of dynamat. I used them along with the astra mounts and the 16.5cm speakers went in and sounded pretty good

pau_teg08

bxlyheathsupra said:
My local halforda had small speaker sheets of dynamat. I used them along with the astra mounts and the 16.5cm speakers went in and sounded pretty good
thanks!