DC5 Sticky Front Plate

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Are the sticky front license plates that people use on here fully legal? Thinking of purchasing one.

impne

Advanced Member
Had mine on first dc5 in 2007 through various cars now currentl dc5 and never had an issue

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I brought mine from Wokka on here and they are legal as in size, letter and font size and style and also have the reflective backing so are great.

I was going to fit them but after seeing the car without any I opted for a Beatrush relocator as then I only have to remove the bracket and the cars clean with no front plate at all for show and track use. If you don't mind one being on 100% of the time then Sticky is the best way and this is why I have them still ready in case I ever want them :)

p1tse

Advanced Member
Carl, you went with sticky at legal font sizes?
I know you're not using them; but those with sticky to make it fit neatly in the middle is a reduced size, for reference

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Carl, you went with sticky at legal font sizes?
I know you're not using them; but those with sticky to make it fit neatly in the middle is a reduced size, for reference
Oh really? as far as I knew they were 100% legal as I asked Wokka when he done them and he said the ones he does are all legal, so brought them and was going to use them, if they are not then :-/

They look amazing imo but having a full plate on the front also will mean less chance of being pulled over (mines a JDM size on the beatrush)

p1tse

Advanced Member
What wocka has made might well be same a standard size plate and font, but my understanding is that sticky plates are bit of a sensitive item and are not 100% legal unless made from a registered number plate supplier, that is why the likes of Halfords who are registered can only make them up with proof of identification etc.

Saying that I know people who go plateless and have been fine. Although I've seen on social media people being pulled for sticky plates

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
What wocka has made might well be same a standard size plate and font, but my understanding is that sticky plates are bit of a sensitive item and are not 100% legal unless made from a registered number plate supplier, that is why the likes of Halfords who are registered can only make them up with proof of identification etc.

Saying that I know people who go plateless and have been fine. Although I've seen on social media people being pulled for sticky plates
Yeah I see what you mean and have read recent things about sticky plates, one of the reasons I opted for the beatrush mount as then no damage to bumper or paint, a normal 13x6 standard JDM sized plate (attracts a lot less attention) as its a real plate front mounted they see :)

But the DC5 looks so perfect without a front plate at all .....

Darren4

Advanced Member
I used Wokka's plates and was fine with MOT's and driving pass Police ect. Didn't even look at the car lol :(

p1tse

Advanced Member
I'm actually wanting to order from Wocka

So please do not read me saying anything wrong with wocka plates, I'm talking about sticky plates in general.

It's a bit murky to be honest. But if a car from factory has a plate holder or a place for a number plate then it should have one, is what I understand; which the dc5 has.

I think it's pot luck on the sticky plate or running plateless etc. I know some who do run plateless, some who have plateless and plate on dash or even a sticky on the windscreen and have been fine. But if a harked off police officer, I would imagine they could give you a fine etc.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
drifty said:
Hijacking this thread, but anyone know a good place to get a re-locator for the front reg plate? Tempted to get a sticky but it's a very grey area and don't fancy an on the spot fine! I've found one on tegiwa but looks like you have to drill holes under the bumper?
https://www.tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-front-number-plate-relocate-bracket.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I brought sticky plates but at the time of fitting changed my mind and brought a beatrush re-locator. It's awesome as you can quickly remove it and have no plate, think they are still avail online

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
drifty said:
Hijacking this thread, but anyone know a good place to get a re-locator for the front reg plate? Tempted to get a sticky but it's a very grey area and don't fancy an on the spot fine! I've found one on tegiwa but looks like you have to drill holes under the bumper?
https://www.tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-front-number-plate-relocate-bracket.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah you do need to drill. Beatrush ones you don't. They mount to the oem plate mount points.