DC5 Storage

larz

Advanced Member
Going to hopefully be in the luxurious position of retiring the DC5 to a weekend toy. I want your experience and views on storage of the teg when it only gets used a couple of times a month. I know that a garage would be ideal, but I don't have one, and don't own the house so can't build one...

What advice do you guys have to keep the teg sparkly and out of sight?

Hoodster

Advanced Member
Going to hopefully be in the luxurious position of retiring the DC5 to a weekend toy. I want your experience and views on storage of the teg when it only gets used a couple of times a month. I know that a garage would be ideal, but I don't have one, and don't own the house so can't build one...

What advice do you guys have to keep the teg sparkly and out of sight?

Can't you rent a garage near to your home, a garage is the best way to keep your teg safe from the weather and local scum bags your only other alternative would seem to be a car cover which can end up scratching your paint if the car isn't spot less when putting the cover on.

kingston

Advanced Member
My advice would be, sell the Teg and buy a proper weekend toy. It's a practical Honda.
Thats blasphemy, everyone knows that if you drive a Teg or leave it out to the elements itll rust away....

Alternatively, youll find alot of motors in the big yellow storage places, you could get a race car transporter trailer and disable the ability to toe or jusy buy a cover

larz

Advanced Member
It sits outside in the elements all day every day at the moment and doesn't rust.. Don't think daily or weekly use will affect that... I want to keep it clean once it is clean... Basically protect it as well as I can but I want to keep it at my house because if it's not there I might as well not have it if it's in a garage that I don't own...

There Are no race tracks or anything near me here so I can't justify anything more crazy, nor do I want it... I love the car and know I'll want another if I sell it... Can't use it for my commute because it's too stiff, and noisy... Need something more refined...

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
I heard this guy telling me he went to prison...prior to that he had his car foamed or something so it stays air tight or something...does anyone know about this? I thinks it's like a liquid that dried into styrofoam or something.....????

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
not really trustworthy...but that doesn't necessarily mean everything that comes out there mouth is a lie.....

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
didnt know him too well......but another guy also mentioned the same thing about storing his lotus carlton....couldnt see why theyd lie for.....unless they get pleasure out of lying for no benefit other than pleasure of lying....lol.....

tried google...couldnt come up with anything....il ask my pal at his garage........