DC5 swap for FN2

L33Dc5

I'm literally awaiting news this week in regards to a second child, if it's going to be happening the teg would have to go :( would anyone be interested in an fn2 swap deal? No harm in asking on here

p1tse

Advanced Member
I'm sure there were a couple of fn2 lurkers looking for a swap in the classifieds section, have a browse

Good luck with the car and second child :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
It's worse in the FN2! You're better off opting for a softer spring like the eibachs if you want a smoother ride. The FN civic is very crashy and bouncy compared to the DC5 in standard form.

Id even say the ride is better on my spoon springs than my old mans civic FN2, (standard)

I wouldn't change on that basis atall.

impne

Advanced Member
My other half has an FN type r with rage alloys and that ride is very harsh

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
L33Dc5 said:
It's more the power and harsh ride not great for a new born lol
Have you bought my old teg L33 RSX?

I used that with my newborn. Plenty of space but the buddyclub coilovers are one of the harshest available!

But some second hand oem shocks with spoon or eibach springs, then sell the buddyclubs.

Will be perfect then...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

L33Dc5

No its not mate, but I do have buddy club coilovers on it. That's not a bad call! Its extremely bumpy

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
That would be why. As Luke said above, it would be cheaper and a better option for you to try first :) you won't loose as much money on the 5 over time either. Then if your still set on selling up you've not lost anything :)

Mark_teg

Staff member
James, tell your old man to get some Eibach springs fitted; mine is on the ABP versions and give a really comfortable ride, though a little more ground clearance would be nice at times.

Here's mine, a bit of a bargain these cars :)

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
My dad has eibach springs with standard 18" wheels and the ride is better than mine. But I wouldn't say a massive improvement and worth changing to just because of having another child. If fn2 was 5 door then I'd understand

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Hes looking at selling it tbh, had it feom new, mechanically its perfect, but its just been used as the workhorse since 2009, so its covered in stone chips and scratches, amazingly though no dents. Off topic, but im just trying to work out if it would be benifit from a respray pre sale on the front end, or weather he just sells it and cuts his losses. He loves driving it but needs something abit more frugal now.

Back on topic...I would still get one amazingly, I like them in white with the mugen kit. Probably more than the dc5 with the Mugen kit tbf.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Jimmer said:
Hes looking at selling it tbh, had it feom new, mechanically its perfect, but its just been used as the workhorse since 2009, so its covered in stone chips and scratches, amazingly though no dents. Off topic, but im just trying to work out if it would be benifit from a respray pre sale on the front end, or weather he just sells it and cuts his losses. He loves driving it but needs something abit more frugal now.

Back on topic...I would still get one amazingly, I like them in white with the mugen kit. Probably more than the dc5 with the Mugen kit tbf.
Mine's the same James, needs a full respray. They're very prone to major stonechips, must be the shape of the car or soft paint maybe.

A shame you didn't say (I know, I didn't either) as I could've bought it. If you choose to get it resprayed let me know who you use ;)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:

I do too, with the Mugen kit on they're very pretty. Saw a lovely red one with Gold Enkei wheels on the M6 a few weeks back going to Scotland and it was really nice, had a good road presence too.

2ndy

Advanced Member
I have a fn2 for going to uni and back in and daily chores and they're a lovely place to be, mine is completely standard and it is very crashy but I've never drove a standard dc5 so I can't compare. Interesting to hear about the eibachs making them smoother, could be something to look into for mine as if like to lower it abit

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Mine's the same James, needs a full respray. They're very prone to major stonechips, must be the shape of the car or soft paint maybe.

A shame you didn't say (I know, I didn't either) as I could've bought it. If you choose to get it resprayed let me know who you use ;)
It is a shame, but hey ho. Yes, shape really lets it down. Its nice, but a magnet for stone chip damage like i have never seen. Lol

GaryMan

Could I tempt you into swapping for a modded GE6 Jazz? ;)

Quite an extensive mod list including Recaros from Evo8 MR340, Cusco Coilovers, Spoon N1, Mugen bodykit, Wedsports tc005

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk