DC5 to England??

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
does anyone know if the DC5 is coming to the UK? i remember reading last week that we will be getting DC5 minus :cry: Brembos & LSD......

cheers
Ed

Trung

Advanced Member
Theres no confirmation by Honda UK that the DC5 will be coming to the UK. So far its rumours.
Will be pointless to bring the DC5 with inferior specs.

Erm

Advanced Member
apparently according to some of the honda workers in swindon they are reprogramming to start building the DC5 in the UK at the swindon plant where they make the CTR......

but who would buy a CTR if the ITR was available??? think honda wud be shooting themselves in the foot a bit :roll:

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
DC5 to england

would be a shame if we get fobbed of with a lesser spec but seems to be the way with some of the top end performance cars coming over from Japan
ho hum lets hope its not the case this time!

JDMCTR

Build the DC5 in Swindon? You got to be joking right? If its true, there goes the build quality :roll: I certainly wouldn't be getting one if thats true :!:

Erm

Advanced Member
nope not joking....

it'll have to be build in the swindon plant otherwise the honda plant in swindon would surely go out of business.....

ok it depends how much they'd charge for it but still would you buy a CTR if the ITR was also available? i know i wouldnt!!! (no disrespect to any CTR owners, but the DC5 is much better lookin ;) )

thats what i been told anyways...... only thing to do is wait n see :shock:

JDMCTR

If the DC5 gets built there theres no chance I will buy one, sorry but build quality here is poor. Also, I wouldn't take what a few Swindon workers say very seriously, lots of people seem to like spreading rumours about possible releases of x car, theres plenty of that on Honda Rev's - new ATR, IMA Accord etc etc. If I get a DC5 to replace the EK9, it will be one thats built in Japan not UK.

Also how would Swindon go out of business considering the Civic line is built there and exported?

Trung

Advanced Member
JDMCTR said:
Also how would Swindon go out of business considering the Civic line is built there and exported?
Exactly what I was thinking. :? :roll:

Erm

Advanced Member
fair enuff..... just sayin what i heard........

put it this way...... hearing what i heard didnt stop me importing my DC5

so just take it with a pinch of salt :D

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Not gonna happen

The cost of setting up a UK car plant to build a new model in the UK, will outway the little profit they would make on the car.

CivicCoupeVTi

Quoted from the 4Car website:

"29/10/2003

Honda hopes to bring the much-loved Integra Type-R sports coupe back to the UK next year. The original Integra Type-R was discontinued in 2001, but the new model - based on the current Civic - was not brought to our shores for fears that sales of the Civic Type-R would be affected. However, 6000 Civic hot hatches sold last year, 4500 more than the projected sales figure, and as a result, Honda feels that the Type-R brand could now sustain more than one model.

The Integra Type-R develops 220bhp from a 2.0-litre i-VTEC engine powering the front wheels through a six-speed manual gearbox. Recaro racing seats and polished aluminium touches deck out the cabin. A Honda UK spokesperson told us that to make a valid business case, the company would need to sell around 2000 Integra Type-Rs a year to ensure the parts are available and that dealers' are trained to service the cars. Honda hopes to make a decision early next year and the cars could arrive here by next summer. Estimated prices for the Integra would be around £16,000."

Sounds good to me!

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Can you honestly see them selling a JDM Specced DC5 for 16K, lower than the CTR :roll: :?

If it did come it would cost more than than the CTR, if they offer it at a competitive price, A/C, HID, LSD, Recaros (Proper ones not the dodgy ones found in the CTR Anniversary ed), so for all those extras add 4K easily.

Realistically the price will around 18K + no way can they sell it any cheaper, it will undermine 2nd hand CTR's and new sales in a massive way. When you add on A/C and a couple of extras you are looking at 20K, Im not sure I would buy one at 20K, would they get 2000 sales, they struggled with the DC2 :?

Trung

Advanced Member
Exactly.
Quite frankley I cant see Honda bringing JDM spec DC5 into UK because Euro EP3s have 197bhp for one reason. Strict EMISSION LAW!!!

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
My own personnel feeling is that the price would be £20K to £22K and with limited numbers, all to be sold before the launch of 06 Civic :!: :!:

Mike

On a +ve note however, it may help the insurance side :?: as the Honda Rev scheme would quote it like for like against a UK spec car!!

Del-R

If they decide to make the DC5 available here in the UK, then I really cant see it being £16K either, but I wish it would be! They'd certainly shift the 2000 units per year though! Otherwise i cant see it myself.

mini-vin

He he, I just came in here with above 4car report in me copy and paste memory! Too slow ;)

Bound to be a worse spec than the jap imports. But least it means that it will be cheaper for spares, and you will have less problem getting uk dealers to work on your car, plus should make insurance less for imports I reckon....

Steels

Reflections of a Honda Dealer.

We would love a DC5 but not a Type R.

Sorry but if that seems sacreligious we are sorry but simple economics would state that the car should be less specific with wider appeal, lower insurance and much better ride. Something that would replace Prelude, something with 160 bhp(ish), a car that would sell as a second car to housewives. As did the Prelude over the years. Retailing at £14995 and with those looks it would sell well. Say 3000 PA., perhaps just profitable enough to consider from Honda's point of view.

As for the build quality of UK products? They're is absolutely no issue here and I am not banging the factory drum . Any problems that we have experienced in the last 5 years have not been about build quality. Every manufacturer experiences some warranty costs and Honda is no different but these are more likely to be design related than build. A completely different scenario.

The looks of the DC5 are undeniable and to my eye prettier than the CTR. However I am probably better qualified than most to comment on the chassis performance of both cars because I have owned both and have used them both on the same day and on the same circuits. Result? There's absolutely nothing in it. As long as one is comparing the spec for spec correctly the DC5 is no quicker through a given corner than a CTR.

Just thought you might like to have my thoughts!

RW[/u]

Trung

Advanced Member
Re: Reflections of a Honda Dealer.

Steels said:
However I am probably better qualified than most to comment on the chassis performance of both cars because I have owned both and have used them both on the same day and on the same circuits. Result? There's absolutely nothing in it. As long as one is comparing the spec for spec correctly the DC5 is no quicker through a given corner than a CTR.

Just thought you might like to have my thoughts!

RW[/u]
Is that as standard form on both cars??
IMO the DC5 feels more direct and focused around track corners than an EP3.