DC5 to England??

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
That is a point I have made another thread that the differnece is next to nothing performance wise. The main difference is the LSD or lack it in the EP3, and Im not convinced the gearbox is as good as the DC5, position yes, changing no, the brakes don't fade like they do in the EP3.

IMHO the DC5 would be quicker round any circuit than an EP3 but not by much, similar to the DC2 V EK9.

Hanslow

Interesting.....

I've been looking at these recently and decided to email Honda UK and their response was as follows.....

Regretfully Honda UK will not be bringing the new Integra Type-R to the UK.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Honda Contact Centre.
Whether or not this is the whole truth remains to be seen.

:cry: :cry:

Steels

Reply to Trung/ Matt re DC5 v EP3

In order to achieve a comparison I built a CTR to DC5 spec and then modified the chassis's of both cars in a very similar way. So same BHP same chassis. from there I could make an evaluation. There was no difference over a lap.

The cost differential would be neglible based on secondhand donors. A 50k 0151 CTR is £10500 add £4500(?maybe less) for the spec upgrade and the DC5 at say £15/16000. Suspension upgrades would be the same for both, perhaps £300 more on the CTR to upgrade the rear roll bar.

Note. A DC2 with 205bhp (proper!) is as quick if not quicker than a std. DC5 if both on coil overs.Sorry!