DC5 to Nissan 350z?

ShoryuKEN

samwelltrademarked said:
Or you could forget both and get a focus ST....... Ahhh nips, that's where I put that can of worms!
Don't like the focus st much, just the mk2 RS lol. I'd go for a tuned mazda 3mps over the st. The 2.3 DISI Turbo engine is brutal and very cheap to tune to 300+ on stock turbo. The 3mps is a bargain car too and a great place to sit in. It might torque steer like hell and make you think your going to die but I think that's the whole fun of it lol

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I always had a soft spot for them, just love the wolf in sheep's clothing image! Surely an lsd is an option just like the ep3 boys do

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Linus27

Advanced Member
Opening up an old thread again but just wondering if the op went ahead and got a 350z. I must admit, I am toying with the idea myself.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
Opening up an old thread again but just wondering if the op went ahead and got a 350z. I must admit, I am toying with the idea myself.
One of my mates got a 350z and over drove it a couple of times myself. It's a capable car but because it's well built and heavy you don't get the feeling that your going quick. In stock guise it's pretty quiet from the cabin. I can imagine once you get modding it would come alive but I prefer my teg to his 350 because the teg feels more racey

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I can't imagine why someone would want a 350z after a DC5. Apparently they cost a bomb to run, absolutely shite on fuel and for the engine they have they aren't even that quite. Not to mention ugly as sin.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
My flat mate had a 350Z and upgraded to the 370Z a few years later.

He let me drive the 350, it was a nice car, bags of torque and pretty comfortable. I also quite liked the sound it made. But having been out in the 370 I couldn't ever buy a 350. It is a MUCH nicer cabin to sit in, kind of similar to an R35.

He didn't have any problems with his 350 in all the time he owned it.

I wouldn't consider a 350 over a DC5. Would I ever consider a 370 over a DC5... not sure.

Mark_teg

Staff member
370Z looks like a baby GTR with the Nismo kit on :)

They're totally different cars to the teg; the Nissan is a comfortable GT cruiser, the teg more suited for a B road blast.

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Lardy hairdressers car....Lad I knows got one with a nismo kit, huge carbon wing etc.....hes always changing something on it. Id prefer an s15 R.......rarer, lighter....faster

Fez

Advanced Member
370z>350z
Dc5>370z lol.

350's sound amazing, a close friend of mine has one and its not as bad on fuel as he was expecting, but its boring as hell to drive and be in imho. Pretty/classy car though... I think..

swanny1982

Advanced Member
ive owned a gt spec in gumetal grey and tan leather interior and rays alloys it looked the business I mean really good looking car, and it had a full scorpian exhaust kit and sounded the nuts..............................

BUT the car was horrendous on fuel, I mean HORRENDOUS, it didnt feel fast at all, in fact I felt robbed having a 3.5 litre v6 engine which did next to nothing other than some early rev range torque, the tax was ridiculous and the car lacked agility.

Dont do it, go for a facelift dc5 or a fd2 is my two pence worth

MrRy

Advanced Member
It's a lazy Renault engine, with a chassis more in common with American cars (which makes sense as it was designed by Americans and made in America). Never driven one properly, only on test drives for a mate looking at getting one and spent a day learning to drift in one. Luckily he made the better choice and went for an FN2.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
It's a lazy Renault engine, with a chassis more in common with American cars (which makes sense as it was designed by Americans and made in America). Never driven one properly, only on test drives for a mate looking at getting one and spent a day learning to drift in one. Luckily he made the better choice and went for an FN2.
hmmm an fn2 over a 350z? looks wise i cant stand the FN2, and the 350z can look very smart with a couple of nice mods.

anyway dc5 over all :)

MrRy

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
hmmm an fn2 over a 350z? looks wise i cant stand the FN2, and the 350z can look very smart with a couple of nice mods.

anyway dc5 over all :)
Looks is a personal preference, but overall the FN2 is still a better overall package. That said, I would never own an FN2 either. I drove one last Sunday for another mate from work on a test drive via the garage and it is a way nicer place to be than the DC5 from a daily perspective. Then you get back in the DC5 and realise that you still have the best car available for under £10k.

No matter what people do, they almost, almost always end back up in a DC5 (or EK9, DC2, FD2, EP3 JDM, S2K, depending on what they had previously and fell in love with).

moodyedge

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
Looks is a personal preference, but overall the FN2 is still a better overall package. That said, I would never own an FN2 either. I drove one last Sunday for another mate from work on a test drive via the garage and it is a way nicer place to be than the DC5 from a daily perspective. Then you get back in the DC5 and realise that you still have the best car available for under £10k.

No matter what people do, they almost, almost always end back up in a DC5 (or EK9, DC2, FD2, EP3 JDM, S2K, depending on what they had previously and fell in love with).
I just sold a jdm dc2..1st honda, 1st jdm.......I was very fond of it but I wouldn't have another. Great car, great feel, nice sound but it's time to move on. Fwd has become boring so Im going for 4wd. Considered an fd2 but thats too much like what I had.....fwd....circa 210-220 bhp..............another gear which is good but I just want a different experience behind the wheel.