dc5 turning over too much before starting

swanny1982

Advanced Member
One of my various niggles with the teg is that it turns over especially when cold for a while before starting, went to change the fuel filter then realised its internal, do you think it may be the pump?

Anyone experienced this before with theirs?

Thanks

swanny1982

Advanced Member
Not sure but never had any low battery power issues and the turn over is fast not like a low battery chug sound

swanny1982

Advanced Member
thanks will try the battery then, ive had the spark plugs and full service done recently so can eliminate that, i was guessing maybe fuel isnt getting through quick enough and blaming fuel pump, battery would be alot easier to fix!

Rom

Advanced Member
The filter is in the top of the tank, easy to change mate. Done mine one lunch time, just to make sure it was perfect for mapping.

Sent from my S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk

swanny1982

Advanced Member
Rom said:
The filter is in the top of the tank, easy to change mate. Done mine one lunch time, just to make sure it was perfect for mapping.

Sent from my S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk
do you think it might be the filter causing this or perhaps the fuel pump? kinda feel like it turns over untill fuel gets into the system, dont think its the battery because the turnover is so quick if that makes sense.

miki1212

Advanced Member
if you have an aftermarket fuel rail you can screw a gauge in and check fuel pressure. it should be around about 50psi with the engine running,

could also be a faulty fuel pressure regulator not holding pressure.

swanny1982

Advanced Member
jammy02 said:
But have you tried a new battery yet?! lol
admittidely no i havent, I think I will get my current battery tested first as dont want to spend £60 on a new battery that will make fook all difference!

swanny1982

Advanced Member
swanny1982 said:
admittidely no i havent, I think I will get my current battery tested first as dont want to spend £60 on a new battery that will make fornicate all difference!
ha ha obviously the forum doesnt accept swearing, well fornicate it is then!

adam.

Advanced Member
Shagged battery would be a slow crank, not a long crank though no?

Does it turn over quickly while starting?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
when you turn the key to position 2 the fuel pump should prime , you can hear it, basically it does this until fuel is at the injectors, if the fuel filter was blocked i think you would notice that when the car is under real load , not when starting,