Dc5 type r wet footwell

Dc5mo

Hi all, I'm new here so excuse me if I have posted in the wrong section still getting the hang of it. Anyhow I need some help diagnosing a fault with my Dc5 the footwell on drivers side is wet only noticed after heavy rain few days ago. Have lifted up the carpet the underlay thing is wet too, can't seem to figure out where it's coming from. I was thinking it could be clogged cowling scuttle problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Remove the carpet and then get someone to pour water over the car while you sit inside to see where the water is coming in

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Liamneale69

Usually when foot wells are wet it it's the drains under the scuttle panel what are clogged with leafs stick etc. My brothers ep3 though was leaking from the front window screen in the top corner. Got the screen removed and resealed down problem solved, just thought Ide mention that could be last resort if you can't find the fault.

Bewesy

Advanced Member
From my experience the sealant can dry out and crack where the bulk head, inner wing and A pillar all meet. With the bonnet up you can just about see it if you peek in that area. Diagnosed by feeling up the from in the cockpit and you‘ll feel dampness on the metal or leave some kitchen towel up there when it‘s raining and see if it gets wet.

Easy fix:

Bumper off.
Skirt off.
Wing off.
Pick all old sealant off.
Make sure area is clean.
Gunk loads of new sealant round the area.
Put everything back.

Done both mine (only one side was actually leaking) and took less than 2 hours. I used some flexible body sealer.

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
First thing I would check, as it's the easiest is check all the grommets that hold all the wires and the bonnet cables in the firewall underneath the steering column, my bonnet cable grommet had come out and was letting water in, causing what you'd described. I put it back in and it's been fine since.

Aside from that, as said above, the seam sealant can crack underneath the wings and let water in, and rust patches underneath the carpets are not uncommon.

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

Dc5mo

Thanks guys. Found everything was clear took everything out. Basically there was a wire harness coming into the car which looked like a grommet was missing but I went to honda and they said there‘s no need for a grommet there. Anyways as the water was flowing out towards the drainage it was running down this wire into the car it‘s a little hard to explain I sealed it with a good seal and it‘s stopped coming in. Was a nightmare all this headache over something tiny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk