Dc5 v 2013 ford fiesta ST, who would win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrscho

Advanced Member
So there's a guy at my work who always boasts about his new 2013 ford fiesta ST. He's big headed and keeps Saying nobody is match for him. Even told my uncle he would destroy my dc5. He doesn't know mines is supercharged though lol but I was wondering who would win between them both at standard?

Fiesta ST has a turbocharged 1.6L engine with 180bhp and 240Nm (178lb/ft). 0-60 in about 6.9 seconds and a too speed of 136mph.

Although a dc5 has an extra 40bhp the torque and 0-60 times are slightly lower... So got me wondering, who would win?

jrscho

Advanced Member
dc55_11 said:
I thought the official 0-60 times in japan for the dc5 was 6 seconds flat ?
I've been looking about alot, some get high 5's and some 6's but a majority were about 7 seconds.

I tried a 0-60 in mines not long ago, got about 6 seconds but had alot of wheelspin and I was going up a slight hill lol

Type K

Advanced Member
if it was a focus st i think there would have been a more suited challenge but a fiesta st will get pounced all over by a dc5.

I had a run against a 58 reg fiesta st in my old eg civic that had a b18c4 (170bhp) and the fiesta guy was behind me all the way

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Get him to put some money on it. Don't tell him you have a supercharger, then destroy him, that should shut him up.

Erm

Advanced Member
My mrs mini cooper s would be near enough as close to that fiesta power wise and 0-60 time etc, my DC5 is much faster than her mini so pretty safe to say a DC5 would beat a fiesta ST easily.

Erm

Advanced Member
TyperItr said:
Get him to put some money on it. Don't tell him you have a supercharger, then destroy him, that should shut him up.
I'd suggest going in at £500 to make it worth while

integraleo

Advanced Member
My hondata tuned dc5 kept within 1 car length uphill with a near 300bhp mr2 turbo the other week....he wasn't best pleased lol.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I remember seeing a video of a the previous model st with something like a 180 or 190bhp upgrade done to it and it was pretty rapid to be fair. The guy behind it was in a kpro'd ep3 around Llandow track and I'd say they were about neck and neck. The dc5 obviously has the diff and brembos over the ep3.

I guess the new fiesta is heavier than the last one which felt pretty stripped out when I had a drive in one to be honest.

Corsa vxr is also 1.6 turbo with 190bhp but sometimes stats on paper can be deceiving. My cousins diesel fabia vrs seems to be able to stick with them.

Dc5 and fiesta are still world's apart even though the ford has 12 years on the honda. Not disputing the fiesta isn't a fun little hatch but it's no type R.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Have I read this right lol go show him who's boss!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
I remember seeing a video of a the previous model st with something like a 180 or 190bhp upgrade done to it and it was pretty rapid to be fair. The guy behind it was in a kpro'd ep3 around Llandow track and I'd say they were about neck and neck. The dc5 obviously has the diff and brembos over the ep3.

I guess the new fiesta is heavier than the last one which felt pretty stripped out when I had a drive in one to be honest.

Corsa vxr is also 1.6 turbo with 190bhp but sometimes stats on paper can be deceiving. My cousins diesel fabia vrs seems to be able to stick with them.

Dc5 and fiesta are still world's apart even though the ford has 12 years on the honda. Not disputing the fiesta isn't a fun little hatch but it's no type R.

I had the previous ST Fez, with a Bluefin remap, downpipe and K&N intake. It was pushing 185bhp and felt great, lots of torque for a small car. But as you've said, it's no TypeR and no where near a DC5.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if he does t know you have a blower, just offer him a ride, then see what he says after, i dont think he will want to play.

alfa27

Advanced Member
You should win every time.

Only way he will win is if you are a bad driver, what type of race? rolling start or standing start?

Altecians

Advanced Member
Assuming you know what youre doing you should kill him with ease, even more so on some back roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.