DC5 vs EP3 Track Rod Ends

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Hi,

Does anybody know the exact differences between the two?

I ask as I have ordered Hardrace DC5 track rod ends a few months back and have an issue, I was just going through and torqueing/tightening all the bolts and found that the track rod end split pin hole sits approx. 5-10mm below the cut outs on the castellated nuts and therefore doesn't do anything, also the boot is fully compressed.

BC Racing coil overs came were already fitted to the car and am trying to figure out which scenario is correct:

1. I have DC5 coilovers, and even though I ordered DC5 track rod ends I was accidentally sent a set for an EP3.

2. I have EP3 coilovers and the DC5 track rod ends which don't fit.

Any ideas on what could be happening here?

Cheers!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi mate with the Bilsteins B14 and B16 kits you need to use EP3 Track rod ends on the front and some spacers on the rear as the coilovers are not actually designed directly for the DC5 so I assume this is the issue you're facing.
If the coilovers are EP3 ones you will need EP3 track rod ends and some spacers

I believe the EP3 ones are shorter but cant for the life of me remember 100% (I think I have it somewhere in my build thread as I brought B16's and all the kit to fit but have not bothered yet), if you need me to check I can and report back.

spooke

Advanced Member
They have a different taper and length afaik. You most likely have EP3 coilovers - do you have a part number on the Hardrace Track Rod ends?

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Thanks for the quick replies, unfortunately I have no way of knowing whether they are DC5 or EP3 coil overs... and I may have thrown the tie rod box away before I was aware of the issue so I don't have the part numbers either!

So to help:

The hole in the steering arm on the upright is either too big a diameter, or the track rod end is too small a diameter, or perhaps not long enough?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks for the quick replies, unfortunately I have no way of knowing whether they are DC5 or EP3 coil overs... and I may have thrown the tie rod box away before I was aware of the issue so I don't have the part numbers either!

So to help:

The hole in the steering arm on the upright is either too big a diameter, or the track rod end is too small a diameter, or perhaps not long enough?
I don't know if it will help at all but I have the EP3 ones at home so could take and send you some pics to see if they look like yours?

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Hi Carl,

Thanks for the offer anyway, but I've since ordered up a set of DC5 and EP3 track rod ends and will send back the ones that don't fit.