Dc5 vs slightly modded Uk civic ep3 type r

hon88

What speed different would a standard Dc5 compare to a UK Civic type r ep3 with mods (exhaust system,with manifold and de cat, long aem induction kit, and stiffer engine mount?
Would it be quicker than a standard DC5?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
doubt it.
a std dc5 has a good std exhaust, better cams, better engine managment, better suspension setup, diff.

until the civic gets a kpro

redcap

Advanced Member
Agree with the above, DC5 is superior! I have owned both over the past 7 years the DC5 wins hands down unless the driver is lacking. K Pro would make a difference as would a manifold and adding LSD to the EP3. Remember the chassis is stiffer on the DC5 too so the handling is improved over the EP3.

If your trying to decide which to buy IMHO it's a no brainer, don't get me wrong i loved my EP3 but if i had known at the time how much better the DC5 was i would have gone for it straight away. The only thing i still miss from my EP3 is he Recaro seats (30th Anniversary) fitted me like a glove and they were soooo comfortable.

hon88

redcap said:
Agree with the above, DC5 is superior! I have owned both over the past 7 years the DC5 wins hands down unless the driver is lacking. K Pro would make a difference as would a manifold and adding LSD to the EP3. Remember the chassis is stiffer on the DC5 too so the handling is improved over the EP3.

If your trying to decide which to buy IMHO it's a no brainer, don't get me wrong i loved my EP3 but if i had known at the time how much better the DC5 was i would have gone for it straight away. The only thing i still miss from my EP3 is he Recaro seats (30th Anniversary) fitted me like a glove and they were soooo comfortable.
I ve already got a dc5, but my mate just bought a uk ep3 with those modds on, and it feel quite nippy, just wondered what differences is in speed? coz i be pretty p off if his is quicker! :eek: His has abp 35mm springs fast road setup and it feels more gripper than my dc5, although i have bilstein coilover with fast road setup too. My dc5 seems to spin wheels on accleration than my mates civic! how do i test if my LSD is working properly? any helpers?

ashdelsol7

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
doubt it.
a std dc5 has a good std exhaust, better cams, better engine managment, better suspension setup, diff.

until the civic gets a kpro

hope you don't mind......i just robbed this quote for the civic forum as they are arguing that the ep3 civic is as good as the dc5!! :D

i have owned an ep3 and the dc5 is definitely noticeably quicker, especially in the mid range, all round better car, if they had sold the dc5 in the uk then honda wouldn't have sold any ep3's!! :D