DC5 VTEC Turbo as standard?

Fin

I was chatting to this guy in a club on Saturday night who seems to think Honda make not only the DC5 with a VTEC engine, but also the DC5 with a VTEC Turbo engine as standard.

So, basically Honda have released two versions of the DC5. A VTEC and a VTEC Turbo.

This is bollocks, right?

mikegsi

Staff member
deffo no oem turbo'd dc5's and how dare you think it even slightly for a second :wink: :D :D

Fin

Yeah, thought so. I just thought i'd check with you guys first, as you lot probs know alot more than me on the subject.

I couldn't be bothered arguing with the guy so i just said, i'm not too sure about that. Ill look into it!

Cheers guys!

LeeH

Advanced Member
S80PERteg said:
vtec turbos make baby jesus cry
There is actually 2 more...One's an old Legend of some description and the other is a 06 or 07 Acura.

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
cos im a bit of a loser i just looked them up, 1.2, around 110bhp, 1/4 mile in just under 15 seconds.

it was Soichiro Honda's son tuned up a honda city to make the city turbo, he also founded mugen.

well you learn something new everyday... well, i do anyway!! :lol:

spo_gen

Advanced Member
drivebymonkey said:
cos im a bit of a loser i just looked them up, 1.2, around 110bhp, 1/4 mile in just under 15 seconds.

it was Soichiro Honda's son tuned up a honda city to make the city turbo, he also founded mugen.

well you learn something new everyday... well, i do anyway!! :lol:
The son- Hirotoshi Honda, was also found to be guilty of bribes and nearly lost the Mugen company. To get round the law (whatever it is in Japan), the company was re-named M-TEC. :lol: :lol:

TBH, think all companies are going down the Turbo/Supercharged route sooner or later. The USA has a turbo 2.3 iVTEC engine in its lineup.
And a few BMW's are now turbo'd. :(