DC5 Weak battery

karan

Hey All

If you leave the lights on when the engine is off for a few minutes in the dc5, is it supposed to completely drain the battery to a point where the car wont start without a push.

ste01

Advanced Member
That can happen with any car if the battery is low, not just a DC5.

If it's not been changed and is the original Japanese battery then it could be getting a bit tired. Jap batteries are famous for being weaker. Nothing to worry about though, just get another :)

karan

The car i looked at I left the lights on for literally a few minutes and the car just died out. I assume that's not normal for a dc5 so could be a weak battery.

karan

I never bought a battery in my life so how much would it cost for a dc5 battery then.

Rom

Advanced Member
Whats the AH of a dc5 battery ? 30 ?

That means, from full, to empty, it could run 30 amps, for an hour. (Or whatever the AH is)

But as said, battery is duff. Factor that into cost.

ste01

Advanced Member
Halfords will do one of their own for about £50 which a lot of people use. They list the DC5 in those flick book things in store now too so should be easy to find the right one :)

karan

Ah ok thats fine i guess. Will i be able to do a 70 mile trip home on a battery described above.

karan

Oh and last thing, how much does the sealing thing cost to seal the rear lights as there is a water leak.

ste01

Advanced Member
Most people do it themselves using the guide on this forum. Not sure how much a garage or bodyshop would charge, it's not a big job though so I'd hope not too much.

karan

I think its something i may try to do myself so wondering how much the equipment will cost.

dotty

Advanced Member
karan said:
I think its something i may try to do myself so wondering how much the equipment will cost.
Have you tried a search on the forum ?

Erm

Advanced Member
Under £100 to sort the leak and a new battery...... simple and cheap