Dc5 weight

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
rear glass is heavy as is the tailgate, but everything else on the car is pretty light, its not easy to go sub 1000kg

to go much lighter you would need to think about alloy hubs, lighter wheels and brake and suspension components maybe even a custom front subframe

what else have you done??

skunk2_dc5

Advanced Member
Had mine Corner weighted the other day and it's now down to 1084kg (half tank of fuel and no driver) , we have since had a plastic rear window installed and removed the heater matrix, still some to go and trying to get down to 1000kg which includes fuel but not the driver.
what kind of weight reduction have you done to it?

lee76

Advanced Member
Mine weighs in at 1000kgs wet without driver. Could get into the 900s but that would mean taking the grinder to the inner panels etc then it would not be eligable for some championships.

dave c

400hp K20
Mine weighs in at 1000kgs wet without driver. Could get into the 900s but that would mean taking the grinder to the inner panels etc then it would not be eligable for some championships.

I think 1000kg is a hell of an achievement, i'd be surprised if Rob was even that low.

I have a feeling I'm about 1250/1300kg with all the extra turbo jazz + sounds system + sound deadening + full interior.

Where do you get them weighed? At a track or just any old lorry weigh-bridge?

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
I'd love to know what mine weighs (must be circa 940kg). I tried to find a local weigh bridge, people talk about them like they're everywhere, they might be, but I can't find them on the internet. :unsure:

Rob.

Advanced Member
I think 1000kg is a hell of an achievement, i'd be surprised if Rob was even that low.
Suprisingly not been weighed this year, it has a lot of weight shedding done but also plenty of bars in the cage as well !!

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I went to a metal scrap yard where they weigh the vehicle before and after dropping off scrap. Gave the guy a few quid to keep him happy.

TimB

Advanced Member
rear glass is heavy as is the tailgate, but everything else on the car is pretty light, its not easy to go sub 1000kg

to go much lighter you would need to think about alloy hubs, lighter wheels and brake and suspension components maybe even a custom front subframe

what else have you done??
Si,
we have front and rear plastic windows, all air con removed, carbon front bonnet, all the inner doors stripped, toda exhaust throughout, inner arches at the front , washer bottle, all interior and lining etc.
Planning to go for the carbon boot next. I have light wheels 71/2 x 17 sub 6kg. The cage adds a fair bit I guess??

Stoo

Whining.....
I had mine weighed when it was JRSC'd and stripped with carbon seats...
No cage though.

I had it weighed at a brewery on a weighbridge that's apparently calibrated quite often for some sort of customs/excise/trading standards reasoning by the government?!?!

Weighed in at 1160kg with a full tank of fuel and me in it as well. I weighed about 85kg at the time!

oldpainless

Advanced Member
Just had mine weighed this morning at Newport Pagnell council tip and came in at 1160kg.

That was with just under a full tank, + carbon bonnett, rota wheels, Gruppe M and rear interior removed and minus me (as my weight fluctuates like a girl lol).

moodyedge

Advanced Member
TyperItr said:
Rotrex supercharger replaces the aircon pump. I think thats a reason to loose the aircon! Actually this summer Ireland has not even reached 20 degrees yet so we have no need for Aircon anyway (for us).

Anyway. Does anybody have an official figure on the weight of a DC2? Also are the recaros actually quite heavy?
My jdm dc2 weighs 1060 with aircon no abs. Does the dc5 have abs on all models?