DC5 wheels sizes

AdrianK

Advanced Member
What is the ideal fitment for replacement DC5 wheels?

If i was looking at a 17x7.5" wheel, 5x114.3 PCD, what offset is needed?

I want to be sure the wheels will clear the calipers, but not foul on the archs!

Adrian

Project

Advanced Member
I think it depends on what make rims your going for mate, as some manufacturers will only do 1 or 2 different offsets the majority just have one.
I believe you should be looking around the 45 area for the DC5, but im sure someone will be along in abit to narrow it down for you

DC5TU

Advanced Member
these are the stock sizes adi

width 7"
Offset ET 60
PCD 114.3
Bore 64mm
Tyres = 215/45/17

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Well im looking mainly at ROTA's and want to make sure the wheels i choose will be the right size, im not wanting any rubbing or anythnig to start happening!

DC5TU

Advanced Member
tbh im opretty clueless when it comes to these things ADI but afaik, as long as you dont go more than 7.5" wide and lower than 45 offset you should be ok!

Somebody pleaswe correct me if im wrong

stu

redcap

Advanced Member
ET45 and 17x7.5" wide will fit perfectly and look good!
My mate has them fitted in this size/offset.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
as above et 45 is the safest offset , lower offsets can fit but tyre becomes critical

AdrianK

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
as above et 45 is the safest offset , lower offsets can fit but tyre becomes critical
I will be using the 215/45/17 Bridgestone RE050's that are on my OEM wheels currently, as they are nigh on brand new, so they should be fine!

Project

Advanced Member
sorry to steal your thread mate but was wondering can you use 225/45/17 on a 17x7.5 rim?

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Yes you can mate.

It will fill the width of the rim more however and this may make your car handle differently and possibly make it a little more susceptible to tram-lining. Should be fine though.

Paul G

Members
I have 17x8" wide on mine with 38mm offset & 225 x 45 tyres, you have to roll the rear arches to get them to fit.

Would say thats prob the max that will fit without boxing out the arches eg like on the btcc cars?

Paul.G

Project

Advanced Member
Just going to bring this old post up again, but I'm looking at some alloys and I'm sure the size will fit fine but just need a second opinion.
There 17x7.5 ET40
Thanks

SpideyMack

Advanced Member
TBH I wouldn't go below 45 offset. They will fit and tyre rubbing prob not an issue with 215's, but the further you get away from the designed geometry (et 60) the worse the handling.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if its low theres a good chance they will touch the arch on the rear with a 215 tyre unless its a falken or toyo t1r, if the car is std height should be no trouble, you can always add a little more neg camber on the rear to tuck the top of the tyre in.

It is simply not true that the further you get away from the std offset the worse the handling.
It can actually help as it widens the track. and as aftermarket wheels are genarally lighter than the oems. A reduction in unsprung weight will improve handling no end.

SpideyMack

Advanced Member
It is simply not true that the further you get away from the std offset the worse the handling.
It can actually help as it widens the track. and as aftermarket wheels are genarally lighter than the oems. A reduction in unsprung weight will improve handling no end.
Sorry really meant that the further you get away from the standard offset the further you get from the way the geometry was intended to be. Wider track means more grip admittedly - but it will have some effect on other things though.

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
is there much weight difference between 7.5 or 7 inch wide wheels?

im currently on 225/45/17 tyres so looking to put it back to normal 215 oem size, so will be looking at decent new tyres for wet/dry conditions as running part worns at the moment.