DC5 without LSD??

wallstreet

Hey guys

How do I look for LSD on the DC5 2003 Integra JDM Type R model? It handles terribly and we think it has none in.

Thanks in advance.

Now once I confirm it does not have it, whom do I go to for a decently priced one in the UK nearer to London.

Cheers

dan the man

Advanced Member
u joking?

dont know how to tell you except let someone drive it.... :? :? :?

cant understand it tho.... :!:

T666YPR

If your car is yanking at the steering,left and right,under hard acceleration,then you have one.
It's just how the car is.

It's quite a large unit in the gearbox/clutch assembly area,an inspection is £££.

andyd

Advanced Member
T666YPR said:
If your car is yanking at the steering,left and right,under hard acceleration,then you have one.
It's just how the car is.

It's quite a large unit in the gearbox/clutch assembly area,an inspection is £££.
:xstupid:

You should have one as std!

Andy

Tarmac

Advanced Member
drive the car hard around a long bend (not stupid hard - just harder than u would normally). lighten ur grip on the steering gradually and if the steering is trying to snap back to a straighened position, then u have an LSD. i'm almost sure the new model has one as standard also - unless ur's might be damaged...

wallstreet

yeah it sounds like it has been yanked out... and I know they are standard...

unlucky, it is on my friends 2003...

Cheers guys no stupidity here just unlucky and too trusting!

N

dan the man

Advanced Member
why would someone go to all the trouble? and leave rest oif the car intact etc...... :? :? :? :|

matt b

Advanced Member
wallstreet said:
yeah it sounds like it has been yanked out... and I know they are standard...

unlucky, it is on my friends 2003...

Cheers guys no stupidity here just unlucky and too trusting!

N
Find a nice roundabout turn in, 2nd gear and give it some right pedel! If it understeers badly then something is wrong if it feels like you have chucked your arm out of the window and grabbed hold of a lampost then all is well :lol:

LSD affect is even greater in the wet!

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Sensible head on don't try and figure out on the road if you have LSD :wink:

Not sure about the DC5's but the DC2's used to have a marking on the gearbox LSD then a number IIRC.

The only DC5's Im aware of that don't have an LSD is the track only version that is sold in Japan.

For give my ignorance but;

Can you describe exactly how it feels?

Why do you think it doesnt have an LSD?

Do you understand what an LSD does?

How ever tell us more about why you think it handles badly, the LSD does make a difference but I would say first check your tyres, the tyre pressures, geo, and expect all suspension parts.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Surely just jack up the car so both front wheels are off the floor, car in neutral and turn the wheel by hand if both rotate forward you have lsd if not theres a problem. :? :?

Duncs

i agree with CS, thats why when you go for an MOT your car should not go on the rollers for the brake test as its fitted with a LSD, they brake test each front wheel individually, with a LSD they both will want to turn, so jack up the front as described,

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Duncs said:
i agree with CS, thats why when you go for an MOT your car should not go on the rollers for the brake test as its fitted with a LSD, they brake test each front wheel individually, with a LSD they both will want to turn, so jack up the front as described,
Unless such a test has messed the LSD up

wallstreet

so how about on axle stands at the rear, 2 tonne jack at the front and lift then hand brakes off... that should work.... and then each tire by hand....

macer

Advanced Member
O dear, last time I had my car jacked up I tried this and only one wheel moved :shock: :shock: :oops:

wallstreet

Duncs said:
just the front will do
this may sound stupid but you say front on axle stands... rear not.. if you dont have the hand brake on it will run away... I suppose I can stick some bricks on the rears doH LoL :oops:

wallstreet

C&S Evo7 said:
Surely just jack up the car so both front wheels are off the floor, car in neutral and turn the wheel by hand if both rotate forward you have lsd if not theres a problem. :? :?
sorry for the delay guys!

Rotated front tyres forward by hands, the opposite tyre goes the reverse direction! not the same direction...

N