DC5R Facelift

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

Marshallarts posted a claim about a facelift model earlier this evening. I haven’t seen any pics... so I thought I'd have a dig around and see what I could find on the net....

http://www.siamcar.com/what_new/intega/integra.htm

...is this it? Looks like a Fiat Coupe with EP3 headlights! Gutted... I think.
The back is quite DC2-esque. Its lost its aggressiveness, dont ya think?

Anyone got any other pics or links?

ScaryP

Mr_GaBIG

This has to be a concept.

The front headlights look likes its been taken off from the US Civic Coupe.

The rear lights are too large.

It has a diagnol line across the side, is that for aerodynamics :lol:

The wheels look wrong.

Rear bumper looks quite high.

Abit of :? and :shock: from me

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
GaBIG,

I know what you mean dude... totally agree about the rear lights.

Perhaps its the Honda concept 'Integ'.... its defo lost its 'raaaa'! :wink:

Shame we cant translate the Thai on the page (Thai not supported by Bablefish).

... can anyone help with this?

Scary

Mr_GaBIG

I don't think I have the Thai language loaded on my computer, the text seems to look like letters with accents. :?

This picture of the DC5 may be one of the original concepts for the original 2001+ DC5

JOM

Advanced Member
Looking at the other "new" cars on the website such as the X reg Audi A4 I think the car is a post DC2 concept for the DC5.

Looking the current design characterstics of Honda cars just does not fit in.

Think that is just an out of date website

Put it this way f that is what the new version of the DC5 looks like cannot see them selling many those rear lights ar just wrong

James

dan the man

Advanced Member
looks bollocks to me. a type of autocar cgi thingy. bits stuck on here and there, pre dc5 that i think. looks wank, wait and see i think. dan

T666YPR

Prefer the "mouth" in the front spoiler to ours,looks similar to DC2's,which was nice.
Rear end,lights and spoiler :shock: Words "Dog's" and "Dinner" go together better.
Must be an old concept though as year 2001 appears in the text on the left.
Thank funk (sp)

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
The shot of the rear IS most definitely a photochopped DC2, u can even see the lock barrel for the DC2 boot!!! :lol:

JT

Oh god that looks like crap. The pictures of the facelife due out this june or july looks nothing like that. Then again, they're alot of pictures out there that has been edited using photo-editing programs so it's anyone's guess unless it's from an official honda website I guess.

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
The biggest hint to it being a pre-DC5 concept (apart from the fact that it's the front-end of an EP3 glued to the back-end of a DC2 plus a tab of lsd - not the torque-biased variety) is the nameplate - It's still got the DC2 (vertical) version of INTEGRA rather than the DC5 (italic) version.

GTITR

Dear dear.... that new car (if it is not just a bad PS retouch) is not good at all.... :? I'll stick with mine thanks :D

BadBoy

Advanced Member
GTITR said:
Dear dear.... that new car (if it is not just a bad PS retouch) is not good at all.... :? I'll stick with mine thanks :D
I am referring to the one linked in Anj's post. Yum Yum!

GTITR

BadBoy said:
GTITR said:
I am referring to the one linked in Anj's post. Yum Yum!
That's the one I was refering to too - It's not good - all the agression in the nose has gone - It's not quite as bad as a Scooby V7 compared to the classic - but it's pretty close.

I really like the looks of the current ITR - it would have to be a very good update to match or better that. On the evidence of that photo though - it does look like a photo edit of the original DC5 ITR shot.

Anj

Yeah, that pic looks awfully like the old Lexus Soarer you sometimes see around. I love the look of the current Integra!

But alas, regardless - I fear even a facelift won't come here officially :-(

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Facelift likely

From reading the threads on Superhonda and TOV I'd say that a facelift and general refresh is expected - much the same as the Civic's just had. My prediction's that the same lightened flywheel/clutch that just brought the Civic's 0-60 down will be on the facelifted Integra too, as well as some new lights all round and updated bumpers just to give it a more up to date feel.

I'd like to see an official pic of the new DC5 before I put my money anywhere - all I'm saying for now is don't believe the photoshop...I'm sure the facelift will only look to make more sales, not less (after all, Honda don't employ either Peter Stevens or Chris Bangle).

I'm also looking forward to the rumoured new CRX in 2006...mine's getting on a bit...

Chirag.

Evs

Advanced Member
Just found this on honda-tech

You need to scroll about three-quarters of the way down the page...

Prefer the look of the 'old' version myself, they've taken all the character out of the lights. According to the thread there isn't much change mechanically.

Phew! :wink:

Evs

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
It looks like the point on the front has been smooth out a bit.... I've always stated that the current point would not pass euro predestine safety, maybe this is a step to the car coming to the UK officially :idea:

Not keen on the new honey cone style grill without the slats, much like the EP3 design.

To me, it's not as pointed as our current one :lol:

Mike