DC5R Facelift

rayray

not too sure about the face lift...looks similar to the last civic coupe that is no longer for sale!! I think i like the current one.

Erm

Advanced Member
its just a photoshop???

u can tell that from the bottom of the headlights the line on teh bumper isnt as smooth

T666YPR

Erm said:
its just a photoshop???

u can tell that from the bottom of the headlights the line on teh bumper isnt as smooth
Not the one off Hondatech.(with the honeycomb grill)

That looks official to me.

Though not that good.

Hooray!! :D

JBLUER

OH GOD..!..no no Noooo. Looks fake if you ask me, nothing to report. The other pics looks more convincing, though they look like plastic models. The lights look as if they have HID projectors just like the DC2.

Evs

Advanced Member
More from Honda-Tech, apparently official pics of the 2005 Acura RSX-S scanned from a brochure: clicky

It's not the type R but the main features (new lights etc) seem consistent with the previous pics. Still prefer the old one tbh.

MindMorgue

It's not doing much for me either. :(

They seem to have just made it more bland. Might look better Type R'd with a body kit and spoiler, but I don't like the lights as much.

MindMorgue

Looks like the other shots but with a spoiler, etc. Still think it looks a lot like the current version just blander. :(

JBLUER

Referring to the Acura Brochure, Not doing much for me, I mean I know the biggest change in the new car is the lights, look more fat wheres the old one follows the trends of the S14, S15 silvas and other long flat lights. The new DESIGN.. looks like a Mazda. don't like it. Mazda is trying to make Alteza lights, on the front looks like a lazy cut off two half circle job. Not much effort. I hope that stays with Americans.

Erm

Advanced Member
its the current version without the charcteristic integra rings around the lights!

altho will prolly be easier to shammy dry as its alot straighter......

i prefer the version we have :D

T666YPR

Wow it looks AMAZING

I LOOOOVE that new Hi Fidelity unit too

Can't wait to buy the Type ERRR

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God what were Honda thinking.

It looks like a new 2000 model year retro effect

Makes the current version look like an updated model

Huzzah again!! :D

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Have you lot noticed that Honda Japan's site doesn't reflect these changes yet for the Type R? I thought the American RSXs were made there in the same factory so that it would have been an international change?

Has it also been noticed that the new back lights on the RSX look suspiciously like the Accords... a bit of money saving there for across model parts?

JBLUER

I've seen it, its now official on the Honda Japan site too. It is like the new American RSX. The Standard automatic will be called Type S, with new front head lights and rear lights altered. So will the Type R, and new front lip on the bumper. The dash a slitly altared too with chrome rims around the rev meter and speedo.

http://www.honda.co.jp/INTEGRA/showroom_r/index.html

rivercard

new integra?

Does anyone know if an all new model ((not just facelift) is due or planned and what the likleyhood of it coming to the uk is??

T666YPR

It was mentioned in another thread somewhere (& in Autoexpress),a while back,that the Teg will be dropped(or not imported maybe?) and replaced with a new car dubbed CRX like the old gem of yore.This will go on sale in the UK and will be slightly smaller than the outgoing Teg and less hardcore,lower power etc.

This is meant to appeal to more women :evil:

(no offence ladies,but please leave us some decent motors)