DC5R QUESTION

SOLO-ITR2007

Advanced Member
I am trying to learn the ins and outs of the DC5Rs. Now I read that they made the DC5Rs from 2001-2007 in JAPAN and UK am I right? So do they have a 07 DC5R or did they stop producing them in 07? Because I am trying to look for the last year DC5R to purchase. And if they do have a 07 DC5R is there a difference between the 05-07 models? Thanks.

Oh and like I said I am from California. If you guys know a good importer to deal with please let me know. Thanks again.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
They were only ever made in Japan, never UK so we have to import them as well,
There was never a lhd version made and would doubt any version would pass the strict Cali immissions laws.

Best bet is club rsx

SOLO-ITR2007

Advanced Member
I understand that. But if I go on the JAPAN site I wouldnt be able to read anything on there LOL.

Us over here in th USA dont get the privilege of having the great DC5R at our local Honda dealership or local private seller to buy them from. If we want it we have to have it imported from UK or JAPAN.

Thats what I am trying to do. Sorry for the mis-understanding.

tedg

Advanced Member
i think you would be best importing straight from japan - there is some details here about japan auction sheets and so on.

raz786

Advanced Member
The RSX does, but its a different variant that produces about 200bhp and not 220bhp, importing one from Japan may work out cheaper than importing from the UK, but you'd have to look into that. There is also a facelift(05 to 07 I think,maybe slightly earlier) and pre facelift. The changes are the looks and also suspension I believe.

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
loads of the jap exporters ship to USA, i know for a fact the crowd i use send a lot of cars to USA from japan.

Use a search engine & the telephone and hey presto.............results!