DC5's + Kids?

smartie

So anyone got rugrats and a DC5, are you able to get child seats in the back ok? or is it too much hassle?

Yambo

Advanced Member
I haven't got kids but you'll easily get kids in the back, loads of room!

More room than most 3 door hatchbacks I'd say.

Only problem is the roof slant at the back but won't affect anyone under 6'2"!!

Frazdog

Advanced Member
Ive go 1 sprog, aged 2!! got a wee recaro young sport seat n it in ok!! if they very young and need to face the other way ie to the back of the car i think that recaro supply 1 that fits into the bucket front seat!! BASICALLY no prob mate!!

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
ur not allowed kids in the front seat anymore are you??

I never had any probelms with my ex-girlfriends little brother (5) and sister (18months) both in car seats.

:D :D

impne

Advanced Member
Yep kids fit in, I've got 9 year old and 5 year old.

I've not got my car yet but had a look at mikegsi's before he sold it and loads of room, a bit narrower than the Subaru I've just sold.

Kids can go in the front as long as there is a suitable child seat and you turn the passenger air bag off if it has one (I don't think the teg has one does it?).

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
teg has a passenger airbag (in the dashtop) i am not sure if it can be switched off and i don't recall any wiring going to the seat for a sensor etc.

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Actually it has an ISO fix car seat system (well at least the facelift does), so you can fit 2 of these in. I have 1 for my 2 1/2 year old. ISO fix is the safetest method as it dosen't use the seat belts.

I wouldn't have bought one if it didn't as my daughters safety is important.

mikegsi

Staff member
managed fine with my young un from birth till 20 months when i sold the teg, no bother at all

jay82

Advanced Member
put the seat in threw the boot. its the quickest and easiest way, u can only fit two seats in the back cause there is only two seats belts in the back. there is no switch in the tegg to turn of the passenger air bag as far as i no.