dc5's slowly becoming way too expensive?

truupR

Advanced Member
Really hope the OP is onto something here.... Could do with selling up in 10 years time and buying a few extra houses. I'll now say to the wife I can't sell the teg as its our 'nest egg' that's gona take a few years to mature :D

coconat

Advanced Member
Whenever someone asks me how much I paid for my DC5 to import they scoff and tell me I was stupid for paying that much

But realistically I could sell it now for maybe 2k cheaper, so all i've lost is the import fees and prep, which in my opinion was completely worth having a fresh import with your name as the first one on the V5 :D

I have noticed there seems to be a big price gap between the obviously well cared-for DC5s and the not so well cared-for DC5s that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole for that kind of money

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
As cold fuse sed, only ever gonna be worth what somone is willing to pay, and sometimes if you want somthing that bad some people will pay what it costs to have it if that makes sense lol.

I know iv only been a member for about 6 months, but iv seen loads of new people join and people looking for a good examples, I think with the limited number of these cars and how brillant they are, there's always gonna be a good market for them.

Theres a few cheap ones on ebay, but tbh I would rather spend a good few more thousand pound and buy one eather of one the dc5 forum members, some of your guys dc5s are so clean and well looked after, I wouldn't be surprised if people didn't jump at the chance of buying it, how long was prothos's up for sale for? Not long...lol because it was a brillant example.

Some people still think I'm mad with paying what I did for mine, especially if you think what you can pick up for the same amount of cash, tbh I just say go and find a facelift dc5 for sale, because there's only a couple, if in fact any at any given time. That means even if the market is poor the cars should hold a certain value.

Main thing is we keep these cars in tip top condition, not go max power with the mods and if you was to sell, remember these cars are worth what you think they are.

:)

Let's just pray honda Neva make a newer model integra, because then we are all doomed lol.

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
If your looking for an investment, fresh Import r32 skyline will be worth a lot in a few years.
This^^. Especially as they've just become legal to drive in the States. I think you're going to see the prices on the 32 GTR's go through the roof soon.

bennn

Advanced Member
newyorkaddict said:
This^^. Especially as they've just become legal to drive in the States. I think you're going to see the prices on the 32 GTR's go through the roof soon.
They were illegal to drive in the states? Why's that?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
bennn said:
They were illegal to drive in the states? Why's that?
Something to do with crash safety I think, anything that doesn't meet the standard needs to be 25 years or so old before it can be imported, the first R32 legally imported for actual use on the road in America was only registered last year I believe.

yosin

Advanced Member
if we look at the EK9's they have slowly crept up in price in recent times. :eek: maybe its a domino effect onto the DC5.

Rob-bob

Advanced Member
I think it is the Gap theory. I bought mine as a "lemon" Cat-D write off, just over a year ago for £4500. Took about £700 for repairs. Now its a slightly ropey 65K mile DC5. It is still an amazing car for the money paid.

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
I've just bought my 6th DC5, first one was in 2006 in which I done all the Sva work myself, every time I've sold one I've been sorry, the last one went at the back end of 2012, they are a very special car, and the rarity never gets old,always been torn between The Dc5s and the newer more refiened Audi's when the winter seems to come around, finally able to afford to buy a DC5 as a 2nd car and after owning silly amounts of cars inc 13 type r's, this one is here to stay, even the guy who imported my new one , 2001 C/W with 53k said they are even getting rare in Japan for good low mileage examples that are unmodified, so this has to make the good examples hold their price, just look at what the old school fords are going for like RS Turbos, and Cosworths, the DC5 will be the same, hopefully!

DC5RS

DC5
ITR BOY said:
I've just bought my 6th DC5, first one was in 2006 in which I done all the Sva work myself, every time I've sold one I've been sorry, the last one went at the back end of 2012, they are a very special car, and the rarity never gets old,always been torn between The Dc5s and the newer more refiened Audi's when the winter seems to come around, finally able to afford to buy a DC5 as a 2nd car and after owning silly amounts of cars inc 13 type r's, this one is here to stay, even the guy who imported my new one , 2001 C/W with 53k said they are even getting rare in Japan for good low mileage examples that are unmodified, so this has to make the good examples hold their price, just look at what the old school fords are going for like RS Turbos, and Cosworths, the DC5 will be the same, hopefully!
Wow 6th DC5 :eek: wish i could afford another to get a facelift :(

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
I have just had a look at a few around as I was curious. There are 2 so far that are 9k+ which....in all honesty....is daylight robbery!!

Yes I love a teg, yes they are definitely worth the money but not 9 for 60k+ miles on the clock. That's just nuts in my opinion.

I say this as someone on here bought a charged DC5 that was one of the most looked after ones that I had ever seen...and they paid 10.5k which had atleast 4 grand of mods.

So yes they are holding their value, but there are nutters that are waiting for the right fish to bite and get robbed.

yosin

Advanced Member
I think that's probably the going rate especially with trade. Selling at 8k with 60k mileage private I think that will sell. But it will have to depend on the condition and maintenance. Also prices do fluctuates slightly depending on season.

I don't robbed is the right word to use?
Even if it wasn't a dc5 there are plenty case that are 60k mileage that sell for 9k+.

Chris-141

Advanced Member
Coldfuse said:
Worth is a bit subjective, its worth what someone is willing to pay. Personally i won't ever sell mine. my other half doesn't want me to sell it either. I think it will be a member of the family.

But i certainly think owning a Milano puts me into an exclusive class of an exclusive class of cars.

by my reckoning there are less than 30 red ones in the UK.
^^^ totally right.. I have no intentions of selling mine. Have had countless offers of 10k++

dc55_11

Advanced Member
Yeah wouldn't go as far as saying robbery but pretty expensive, although I got my facelift which was 32000 miles on the clock for 8.8k and was completely standard apart from an induction kit and no marks or anything, 10 months on not a single issue (y)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'm starting to really enjoy the car now that it's running better and the little niggles are sorted. It's feeling a lot more planted, the power delivery is lovely and I've never seen a 4th gear like it in a car before.

It is to me a big car which I like however I've always had smaller, more nimble cars such as the CRX and the EK9 which feel lighter and less bulky but the DC5 certainly feels more refined and more 'special' as it's a rare import. It does turn heads though something I've noticed.