De-Icing ......

mikegsi

Staff member
moine comes out of my garage all fresh as a daisy with no hint of ice! :wink: :D

martin200

Advanced Member
I have a killer ice scraper, which looks like its mounted onto the end of a bog brush handle. One of those crummy presants from the parents, that turned out to be rather good.

Failing that, lukewarm water from a bottle, I know one day the windows gonna kick my ass and shatter when I do it, but fcuk it :lol:

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Whatever you use...DO NOT try those heated windscreen de-icers.

Had one of those bought for me last year, and when I went to use it it cracked the windscreen right accross the base on the CTR. There was a small stone chip on it before, but this just destroyed it! :shock:

Wootty

Advanced Member
I just rifle through my wallet for one of those unused loyalty cards from some shop I'll never go to again. They make great scrapers - morrisons petrol cards seem to work the best :lol:

DP.

Advanced Member
my rac card works a treat.. its the only time it ever gets used lol... expensive ice scraper tho come to think of it :shock:

martin200

Advanced Member
I used to use my halifax classic credit card as a scraper, credit cards suck as the laminate falls off them. I also snapped my HSBC Debit card once too, lol. Plus my hands were getting very cold after half a windscreen :roll:

Erm

Advanced Member
your run of the mill halfords spcial ice scraper.......

works wonders

just wear gloves or you wont be able to feel your hands after ya done

sherv14

Advanced Member
when we had about 2 inch of snow I decided to go care to my car as the bottom had turned to ice.

I just whacked the heater on and sat in my car for 15 mins watching the ice break then brushed the ice off the whole car (except the spoiler which remained frozen). I never use any products and definately not hot water :shock: .

benny

Advanced Member
use an old tape cassette box even got a bit to put your fingers in?
works a treat!!!