Dealer Knacks Spoon 2:1 Mani

T666YPR

Took my "racing tractor" in to have the 2:1 mani gasket replaced today (finally)after it started blowing due to the gearbox inspection.
(They couldn't source a gasket so I put them in touch with Ant at Spoon,thanks m8 xthumbup )

Only to find it's the 2:1 mani they have split :evil:

Got to get a new one now and I'm NOT going to pay for that to be done :evil:

jonster

Advanced Member
They spit bolts and crack flexible hoses according to you Trung :lol:

Touch wood mine is fine so far.

Sorry to hear this Si. Have you been infected with Dan's bad luck? Hope not.

Jon

T666YPR

They phoned back to say they will replace it :D

Hopefully my lucks changing for the better again.

Fingers X'd

Trung

Advanced Member
Oh no! Dobber (the Spoon woreshipper :xnworthy: :wink:) strikes back.

I'm afraid in the tuning would every little hp counts and as Jonster has pointed out about the mid range torque has hell of a difference. :)

dobber

Advanced Member
Trung said:
Oh no! Dobber (the Spoon woreshipper :xnworthy: :wink:) strikes back.

I'm afraid in the tuning would every little hp counts and as Jonster has pointed out about the mid range torque has hell of a difference. :)
LOL :lol: :lol:

I konw what your saying about the torque which is why i went for the 4-2 2-1 as this gives more torque mid range but less top end bhp compaired to the 4-1 spoon minifold.

A question was asked to another supplier of Toda manifolds if it was worth changing from Spoon to the Toda and was told "no" For the slight increase its not worth it as you would need to get cams and other mods to see and difference between the 2. 8)

Worshiping over 8) (for now :wink: :lol: )

jonster

Advanced Member
If you are going to pay listed prices for the Spoon mani then it's close to, or possibly more than the TODA costs. I'd probably go for the Jackson Racking mani if I was to do it all over again for vfm. MOT time is a bit of a pain with the TODA.

dobber

Advanced Member
jonster said:
If you are going to pay listed prices for the Spoon mani then it's close to, or possibly more than the TODA costs. I'd probably go for the Jackson Racking mani if I was to do it all over again for vfm. MOT time is a bit of a pain with the TODA.
I agree with you there, but if you have already got the Spoon its no point changing to anything else.

andyd

Advanced Member
jonster said:
True....Unless your name is Andy :lol:
OI!! leave me out of these!

i am currently changing body pannels as i didn't like the last set :lol: :lol:

Andy

jonster

Advanced Member
Body panels can wait. Get the TODA stroker kit and new A3 cams first and let us see the results. You know you want to :)

Jon

andyd

Advanced Member
jonster said:
Body panels can wait. Get the TODA stroker kit and new A3 cams first and let us see the results. You know you want to :)

Jon
I feel like i am being pushed toward this new toda product :lol: :lol: :lol:

very tempting though, ill need to speak to paul 8)

Andy