Dealership Servicing...

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Is it really worth taking my Teg to Honda for a "proper" service...mileage is coming up to 11k now ,I`ve already changed the oil and filter at 6k..opinions please :?

j9jrx

Advanced Member
Its up to you tbh Dave, i had mine serviced at Honda on scotswood road but then again i know a guy who works there. I can get in touch and see if i can sort you out a good price? Otherwise take the journey to system r as paul knows the car inside and out. He might charge more or less than honda but i dont really know, but at least he knows what he's doing :!:

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Paul charges just shy of £100 for the minor, same as TGM. Mine's due shortly.

That's if you don't supply anything toward the service. Some dealerships will try and pull your leg with it being an import and charge over the odds.

Frazdog

Advanced Member
Any1 know any good place for servicing in Scotland,prefer near Glasgow!?
Getting my DC5 in march n ive taken my DC2 to Honda before and ive never been impressed!

mikegsi

Staff member
i get mine done at honda, but inly because i want the stamps in the book, i know most people in the know will say (and i agree) that paul or tom would offer a better service at a much reduced price, but people not in the know like to see main dealer stamps, i supply the oil and filter and let them do their checks, i think it looks good having main dealer stamps. i service her myself at more regular intervals too

mind i wouldnt have waited 5k miles for the oil change :wink: