Decat O2 sensor fault

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Hi ther I have just recently bought my dc5 it has the O2 sensor fault I think it's p1166 the guy was saying who I bought it from it was on before the decat was fitted so he said I will just have to buy the O2 sensor but here is my query as far as I'm aware isn't p1166 or whatever the code is the primary O2 sensor ? My decat has the extender thingy for the O2 sensor so it sticks out a little further but it's on the secondary one does this matter ? Thanx in advance Shane

lujamil

Advanced Member
It doesn't really but you'll be using more fuel. However if you have the extender I believe the error should go. Maybe try reset it? I can't remember from the top of my head if the error your getting is for the primary or secondary sensor.
Search it in the forum. There's many threads about it.
If it is your secondary one then once you get your car remapped (if you plan on doing so), the secondary sensor will be disabled and the error will dissappear.

shanedixon

Advanced Member
I wasn't sure if the extender had to be on the primary O2 sensor and il be getting a new primary obviously as the primary O2 sensor is broke hopefully it should clear the error code then

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
the primary sensor controls the air fuel ratio, and is a wideband, it is better to use the oem one, many people have fitted the denso equivalent and thy havent switched off the light.

the secondary sensor is only to make sure the cat is ok, by spacing the sensor out of the direct exhaust flow it can help trick the ecu (but not always)

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Yes as said replace the Primary o2 sensor, happened to me and had no issues so far.

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Do you guys think it's worth goin for oem from honda or getting a cheaper one if it will save me money then brilliant but I want to make sure it will do the right job like the oem ?

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
+1 for Denso removing code instantly, it then took the car about 2 tanks of fuel to sort it's fuelling out to the point I now get better mpg than before.

nellly

Advanced Member
using the Denso one, 2 years on and no problems.

i dont think i have come accross any threads of people using the denso one and having problems either? only plenty of people who have and and they have worked fine.

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Sounds good enough to me il have to order one in the next couple of days my fuel is shocking right now might be to do with the decat aswell though cheers guys