Decided (thankfully) against 350z

samwelltrademarked

Advanced Member
Evening guys and gals,

Well, after much consideration, I'm keeping the teggy! Decided to finally pump some money into it, already done DC Sports system, custom intake and git a few shiny bits on the way, stripping the car down to replace anything crusty/rusty, shotblasting and painting.
Now here's the thing, it's got far too many stone chips, scratches and surface rust on arches for my liking, plus a nasty bubble on the drivers side door jamb, meaning, after much overtime, I'm getting the whole lot resprayed and the underneath treated to some por15 rust prevention paint.
Any you guy had any experience with this stuff? I'm starting the process before it goes in myself next week behind the back bumper.
Also..... Decided I'd quite like the buddyclub cf bonnet after the spray job, any ideas where to get it cheapest.... Funkypower is winning at the moment.
Any feedback l much appreciated chaps
Trying to be more of a part of the community now I've made this decision and in better health (crohns can kiss my ...)
So this is also like a hello again after my initial two years on here... Call me Reggie and if you see me about the Norwich area don't be scared to say hey!

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
I live in Yarmouth and travel to wynmondham everyday for work. Where abouts are you located in Norwich? There are a few members in Norwich that do meet regularly at the last week of each month at Snetterton iirc.

Good idea to keep the teg and give it some tlc, it'll be worth it in the end!

samwelltrademarked

Advanced Member
I actually in North Walsham, but travel to yarmouth fairly often, missus lives in hemsby. Which reminds me, keep seeing a dc5 in martham on the way through.... Any ideas?

Ali D

Advanced Member
POR15 is very good, after trying other underseal stuff its all i'd use. Works best on already rusty areas, doesnt stick to well to 'decent' paint.

samwelltrademarked

Advanced Member
So glad I didn't get one, apparently they feel extremely heavy even with all that torque, and cornering is a bit limp to say the least... Yeah I've heard good things about por15, it's going behind my back bumper to start, fair bit of surface rust down there, then spare wheel well etc etc, will do the arches once the cars sprayed, although I've seen similar stuff which is "rubberized" and with all the stones flying around under there might be a good choice?
So happy to be back in good health and working on the car again...

MaxJ

Advanced Member
Good to hear you're better. One of my flat mates has bad Crohns and it's been a real battle for him.

There's nothing quite like watching a new project take shape too. Enjoy!

Max

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Good choice on keeping the teggy for sure Sam. Hope you finally get some well deserved time on it to make it your own.

A few of us have had a go with POR15. I love the stuff and will be using a lot more of it in time. Here are the 3 threads that came to mind for you to have a look at. There are probably one or two more too but it's some ideas.

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15330-my-cw-2002-dc5-updated-pg8-050514/page-5

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30699-yv04fvl-progress-thread-march-2012-onwards/page-3

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/31547-jezs-teg-and-progress-thread/page-2

All the best,

Dave

samwelltrademarked

Advanced Member
Cheers for the links Dave! Exactly what I'm using it for, but giving it a top coat of CW and then waxoiling over it as well... Plus boot as lights were done last year and didn't sort completely rotton brackets out. I've got a headlight restoration kit as well, so while front is off... The frame up front will be getting a similar treatment, I'm guessing this is what most of us do on our holiday during the year, fettle and mod.... No missus for a week too.... Bonus!