Deciding on springs

Rob R

Advanced Member
Covered 1001 times I know, but I really can't decide what springs to get.

Eibach Pro?
Eiback Sportline?
Skunk2?

Not paying nigh on £300 for Spoon so that's out the question... someone tell me what to buy FFS!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Burn motorsport have got the Spoon on offer if you have a preface lift. Supposed to be the best going. I've got Eibach Pro and they're quite hard, they also don't lower the car massively so the Sportline would be better in that respect.

donzooo

Advanced Member
Eibach pro and Spoon progressive have a slight drop but the front of the car sits slightly higher with both springs.

Heard good things about Tanabe GF210, NF210

Unsure about Skunk2 springs etc. I'll be going for the GF210 as they give an even drop and a few guys on here are very happy with them.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Donald_TSC said:
Eibach pro and Spoon progressive have a slight drop but the front of the car sits slightly higher with both springs.

Heard good things about Tanabe GF210, NF210

Unsure about Skunk2 springs etc. I'll be going for the GF210 as they give an even drop and a few guys on here are very happy with them.
I have GF210's and i'll be selling them soon, will see what they look like when they come off, PM me if interested.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Spoon springs drop more than Eibach pro kit.

I find that the pro kit doesnt drop enough, and the sportline drops too much and you seem to get reverse rake with both

Many people have got Spoon Springs and in my opinion they give the best ride and best height

Rob R

Advanced Member
I had Spoons on my last DC5 and they gave me reverse rake, which I want to try and avoid.

Anyone have any experience with Yellowspeed coilovers?

donzooo

Advanced Member
With my severe OCD tendancies if I bought springs and ended up with reverse rake I would have to send them right back. Just can't deal with it.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Probably spacers or the colour of the alloy giving that illusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingcobwidley

Advanced Member
Has anyone had any problems with the spoon springs ie driving in car parks, speed bumps, scrapping with passengers in?

Also, 25mm doesn't seem a big drop, can you really see the difference?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
dc55_11 said:
The drop on white Teg seems a lot lower than the red any reason?
The white one has spoon springs that are atleast 3-4 years old. Red has only been on a matter of months.

And yes 25mm is noticeable, perfect height and they sit level. Comfortable yet responsive. You will scrape at some point but I did even on oem suspension haha

wj51fut

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
Mine dropped on older Spoon springs (settled)

Yeah I have 8j wheels with a smaller et so the wheels stick out in the arches more. Gives the right illusion though.