Deep sounding exhaust, not too loud

JezW

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

I'd like to change the exhaust on my teg to give it a deeper sounding note, ideally not louder, but a little wouldn't hurt. Do I only need to change the cat-back to do this? This is the only thing I'm looking to change at the moment so I don't think it would need a remap?

I know there are a lot of options so I'm hoping for a few suggestions. I'm looking to buy on the forum so nothing too rare please :)

Cheers

TyperItr

Advanced Member
A Toda cat back in my opinion is what you are looking for, Deeper sound but not loud

JezW

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Mugen twin loop.. Or fit a spoon b-pipe and keep the rest OEM?.
The mugen twin loop is a whole exhaust system right? I'd like to avoid a remap (I don't have a k pro or k100), and I think if I change the whole exhaust system I'd need one since it would change the back pressure? I'll look into the spoon exhaust, is "b pipe" just another name for cat-back?

TyperItr said:
A Toda cat back in my opinion is what you are looking for, Deeper sound but not loud
Thanks mate ;)

Crazylegs said:
What exhaust have you got on at the moment?
Everything is standard.

Cheers guys

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
B pipe is the middle section, back box is well...the bit at the rear. Lol (tailpipe) The Spoon exhaust is designed to work with OEM parts, so you could just swap the mid section over (Bpipe) for a spoon (or another unsilenced for example) leaving your standard back box and adding up to an OEM,look, but better noise :)

And same as above, no remap is required. ;)

JezW

Advanced Member
So some cat-backs (like the Mugen twin loop) change both the B pipe and the back box, whereas some (like the spoon b pipe) only change the mid section? I thought that the backbox/muffler was largely responsible for the sound?

Brophy

Advanced Member
Correct about the mugen it's backbox only fits with mugen b-pipe.

Whereas spoon fit oem system so can have spoon b-pipe with oem backbox or spoon N1 (backbox) and oem b-pipe.

Also correct in saying the spoon n1 (backbox) adds the most noise and difference.

Will realise when see one, the box on it is so small and weighs hardly anything lol :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Cat back = from the Cat back, Bpipe is just the middle, and backbox/silencer is the rear. Some come as kits, some come in separate bits to bolt together, some you can mix and match, and some will only bolt up correctly with certain pipes, ie the mugen twinloop. Make sense?

Depends what you want. Unsilenced mid section will give more noise, as will just changing the back box. Lots of choices, do some searching ;)

civic17_99

Advanced Member
That's exactly the sort of sound I was after when I was looking for an exhaust. I went for a Toda cat back system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JezW

Advanced Member
Ok thanks guys.

civic, I just checked out a video of the toda cat back, sounds really nice in low revs :)

JezW

Advanced Member
I forgot to mention a budget in my original post, I'm looking at around £300-350 (second hand), maybe a little more.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the Mugen twin loop, Fujitsubo RM01a or a Spoon N1 backbox. I've read that the Spoon exhausts are pretty loud though, which isn't what I'm looking for.

Are there any others I should consider?

Thanks again

JezW

Advanced Member
Pretty sure I'm going for the Fujitsubo RM-01A. I'd like something a little louder than the twin loop but the N1 will be a little too loud for me.

Quick question guys, will the RM-01A be a direct fit without any modifications needed?

truupR

Advanced Member
I know this isn't going to be of much help but one of the previous owners had a custom catback system made for my teg, sounds pretty epic out of vtec. Very low, gives a nice burble between gears and is very civil idling when warmed up. Obviously can't hear much of it once the vtec kicks in.....yo? Sad thing is you won't be able to hear what you're buying until its made and fitted when you go custom :p

JezW

Advanced Member
Thanks mate, I've thought about a custom exhaust but as you said I won't know if I like it til it's been made, so I'm a bit hesitant to go for one.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Regarding custom exhaust, does anyone know that if you supply an exhaust tip they'll use it when creating the custom? I wanna keep the tip of my 5Zigen A-Spec as I like the size and blue finish