DEFI CONTROL UNIT

monz

Advanced Member
Does anyone know if the defi control unit that controls the deif gauges is suppose to stay illuminated while the car is running?..... :roll:

spo_gen

Advanced Member
monz said:
Does anyone know if the defi control unit that controls the deif gauges is suppose to stay illuminated while the car is running?..... :roll:
Yeah the light stays on. Dont worry bout it. :wink:

monz

Advanced Member
NZITR said:
It should be illuminated when your lights and ignition are on.
The thing is the defi control unit only illuminates for a few seconds when i turn on the ignition... I have also noticed before turning on the ignition when the defi gauges go through there necessary checks that one of the defi gauges has come up with a continually illuminated red warning light that continuously beeps until i turn on the ignition & then goes out?....
Any ideas.... :roll:

NZITR

Advanced Member
That all sounds pretty normal.

The control unit illuminates for a few seconds when the ignition is turned on and then turns off. The alarm is the fact that there is no oil pressure until you start the car. If it still alarms after the car is started then you may have an issue somewhere.

Does the control unit illuminate when you turn your lights on (with the ignition on also). If so I think all is fine. If not it's probably a dimmer wiring issue.

regards,

David.

monz

Advanced Member
NZITR said:
That all sounds pretty normal.

The control unit illuminates for a few seconds when the ignition is turned on and then turns off. The alarm is the fact that there is no oil pressure until you start the car. If it still alarms after the car is started then you may have an issue somewhere.

Does the control unit illuminate when you turn your lights on (with the ignition on also). If so I think all is fine. If not it's probably a dimmer wiring issue.

regards,

David.
I'll check this evening but i'm sure when i turn on the headlights with the ignition on the defi control unit doesn't stay illuminated... I'll check again & let you know later... Regards.. Monz. :wink:

monz

Advanced Member
I checked the defi control unit last night & it definitely doesn't stay illuminated when the ignition is running with the headlights on... :(

monz

Advanced Member
NZITR said:
I'd say check your dimmer switch wire.
All sorted!... It turned out to be the dimmer switch wire after all thanks david... :wink: Works perfect now... 8)